Max Army Size and Morale - Easy to change in scripts.txt

Users who are viewing this thread

vahtar said:
thanks for the party size increase TheMageLord
but do you know how to increase party size in m&b 808?

skill_prisoner_management_bonus = 5
skill_leadership_bonus = 5
base_companion_limit = 5

Edit these in the native module.ini to your liking.

TheMageLord said:
Editing all the challenge out? I hardly find roaming around with 300 men (like the npc heroes) and fighting their armies of 300+ in massive battles (battlesize changer) less challenging than the usual running around with 60 men frantically killing every bandit patrol to keep morale up and fighting skirmishes where you and your heroes slaughter 90% of the men. I take way more losses and have much more fun and challenge commanding my troops in a 300v300 mass battle than in small fights. Not to mention keeping an army of 300 fed, I have to constantly stop and buy out villages.

All this does is allow my 10 leadership commander to actually command. I can lead armies, like the npcs, and can participate in mass battles without having to be the marshal and lead around the npcs. In my game, lords leading armies of 300+ is pretty commonplace. The Vaegir king is currently running around with over 700 men by himself, with his entourage of lords totaling to about 3000.

Plus the next time the king says "Come to campaign with 196 troops" I can actually BRING that many troops, instead of going to him with a party of 100 whose morale dropped to piss poor on the walk over only to be told I don't have enough men.

Different style of gameplay? Yes. Less challenging? Hell no.

Oh, and good to know others have found this useful :smile:

Agree entirely !  :grin:  i had seen some lords carrying a lot more troops than i, with a lot less renown ! they cheated, so, we need to make the game suited to some aspects of the game. i saw a a lord with 146 renown was carring 200+ troops and i had 800+ renown and could only carry 100 +/-

if i had more inventory slots, it would be nice too.
so, it takes me to the following issues :

1) - is it possible to increase more inventory slots ? or change the ones given ? but carrying too much, is supposed to slow us down, right !?
2) - so, it's possible to reduce the food consumption troops eat ? thanks  :grin:

TheMageLord said:
As Lyx said, you don't have to start a new game. It takes effect immediately.

Taimat, Modifying morale per troop requires an extra line. I went ahead and added a divide to the equation, so if you want to modify the number of troops per morale lost you will need this script:
that script seems not to apply to troops recruited from the prisoners though ... do you have any idea where it might be !?

This will increase the number of prisoners that you can carry in a party (for each point of prisoners management):

game_get_party_prisoner_limit -1
6 2133 2 1224979098644774912 360287970189639680 2133 2 1224979098644774913 0 2170 3 1224979098644774914 1369094286720630786 1224979098644774912 2122 3 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774914 5 2133 2 72057594037927936 1224979098644774913 2075 1 72057594037927936 

so, if i change what i presume to be the 5 multiplier to 20, i will be able to have 20x10= 200 prisoners !? (actualy, it's ok to get even more, as there's lots of enemies to take as prisoners)

Yeap !!! just tested it and works ! got 127 prisoners and recruited them after for my army, left them at a city of mine ... still, had -99 moral lost, which means i need to check that, so i don't loose so much moral when i ad troops to the party, it should be the other way around, i should gain moral ... but i'll setle with a less penality in ading new troops  :grin:

That morale script isn't a penalty for adding new troops, its a penalty for HAVING troops. You get a negative for the party size. By default, each hero counts as 3 and each normal troop counts as 1. So if you have 8 heroes and 60 troops you get a permanent -84 to morale, which won't go down unless you get rid of troops.

The morale lost when you recruit from prisoners has nothing to do with this, but you could probably edit that easily too if you find the script for it. I never really recruit from prisoners, but I assume it's a recent event loss? If so, you can gain that back just by fighting some battles.

TheMageLord said:
That morale script isn't a penalty for adding new troops, its a penalty for HAVING troops. You get a negative for the party size. By default, each hero counts as 3 and each normal troop counts as 1. So if you have 8 heroes and 60 troops you get a permanent -84 to morale, which won't go down unless you get rid of troops.

yeas, i started looking that the party moral was reasonable. it's a nice thing. what was confusing me, whas that in the party reposrts, i still saw the base troops as the default ( 10 ) wile other status had changed accordingly.

TheMageLord said:
The morale lost when you recruit from prisoners has nothing to do with this, but you could probably edit that easily too if you find the script for it. I never really recruit from prisoners, but I assume it's a recent event loss? If so, you can gain that back just by fighting some battles.

well, it's a great way to amass troops. just level a bunch of manhunters and level them up.
now go hunt a big group of Deserters.
take them to you're city and save.
offer them the chance to join until they accept and you can have huge groups to boost you're numbers.

ofcourse you suffer an event moral penalty of -99

so, put them in the garrison and go fight some bandits, come back and pick the troops back.

as for editing other stuff to avoid the moral penalty, i don't know where to look for, i deduced this prisoners capacity on my own, but it was sort of a little miracle, as i have no idea of much stuff.
i just based on you're work, as an example, and as i know each prisoner management allows 5 prisoners, deduced it might work, so, i looked for the number 5 in that line, changed it, confirmed it as working.  :lol:

as for the penalty, i don't know which values are in place, or which entry for that.  :oops:

This is awesome stuff.  I nearly choked on my drink when I saw my maximum party limit was 800+!

But, I want to command that many without paying too much for them.  Since I'm braindead when it comes to script editing unless it's spelled out for me, how would I go about reducing my troop wages?

hey isi you can increase the inventory slots by increasing your inventory managment in the character settings

vahtar said:
hey isi you can increase the inventory slots by increasing your inventory managment in the character settings

1) - i got inventory management at 10 , i was wondering about increasing the amount of slots each point that inventory management gives, probably from some value, and that i know it gives 6 as default, so, it might not be hard to find, and increase it to 10.
i'm just wondering if the menus/game engine will support that and how much will they suport.

2) - as for the wages, it's a bit harder, as i don't actually know how much they cost, but might try fo find out, but it's ... it's not that hard too ... leadership reduces wages by 80% if you can reduce it by 95%, you can have larger armies, the problem will be the huge amount of food they will eat - you will need wagons of food, or carry cows around, to feed the troops, which isn't much practical.

++++

edited just not  to make other post, as i don't have much more to go now.

i'll have to take a look at that later, i realy don't know much about the script , but i can gess some stuf, and if i have some sort of confirmed value, i can star looking for there and change it.
i'll have to do some tests later. maybe some sort of changing how much food is consumed by a certain number of troops....

Hybrid_the_Unsane said:
This is awesome stuff.  I nearly choked on my drink when I saw my maximum party limit was 800+!

But, I want to command that many without paying too much for them.  Since I'm braindead when it comes to script editing unless it's spelled out for me, how would I go about reducing my troop wages?

I don't have an answer for you but had a thought related to cost cutting. How about just increasing the quantity of food per item purchased? ie, you get 200 chickens instead of 50.

Note that this stuff still works in .952.

The party size script is exactly the same, except that the new default is 5 per leadership (which I feel is a step in the right direction for default native).

The morale script has changed only slightly, but is still the same basic script - I assume it's just slightly diff numbers for the variables used or something. It will still work if you just modify the specific numbers (defaults are the same) and don't do anything silly like pasting the old script in place of the new one. The little bit of divide coding I added to one of my above posts still seems to work fine, as long as you paste it into the right spot and properly change the 49 (number for lines of code at start of script) to a 50.

Modifying the prisoner limit, as isi suggested, also works fine.

Note: The changes seem to be less needed now, unless you want to take on entire campaigns by yourself. I could be wrong, but from my limited testing it seems the lord party sizes are being limited and the big party sizes aren't as necessary.

TheMageLord said:
Note that this stuff still works in .952.

The party size script is exactly the same, except that the new default is 5 per leadership (which I feel is a step in the right direction for default native).

The morale script has changed only slightly, but is still the same basic script - I assume it's just slightly diff numbers for the variables used or something. It will still work if you just modify the specific numbers (defaults are the same) and don't do anything silly like pasting the old script in place of the new one. The little bit of divide coding I added to one of my above posts still seems to work fine, as long as you paste it into the right spot and properly change the 49 (number for lines of code at start of script) to a 50.

Modifying the prisoner limit, as isi suggested, also works fine.

Note: The changes seem to be less needed now, unless you want to take on entire campaigns by yourself. I could be wrong, but from my limited testing it seems the lord party sizes are being limited and the big party sizes aren't as necessary.

yeah  :mrgreen: after so much work going around the party size to counter the lords cheat, now it's not so needed .... I'm hesitant betwin going to ver 952 or use the party size on the 950 and go 100*100 or more  :mrgreen:
it seems, some other skills were nerfed ... i guess that the solution for this, would be a nice built in slider to tweak the sills to the player's content, with a default setting.
after all, there's already an option to enable disable cheats, and lots of otter well thought customisation available, seated in place.

but in the end, it's not easy to make settings to everyone's feeling of content, and people will always miss one or other setting.
having all the soldiers wounded instead of having 50% killed is cool. realistic !? peraphs not ... but who are we to tell that couldn't be minor wounds and actually get to save all wounded if it was for real ? no matter how unlikely it may seem ?

so, reality apart, were back on a game that the player might enjoy.  :grin:

- - -

p.s. by the way, i still kepted the big capacity to make prisioners, got 200+ in a row ... can you imagine selling 200X50 =10.000 i would have lost 7500 profit. but i don't sell them, just put them in a smelly dungeon and invite them to my army later - it's usefull when i had a lot of work catching 120 kheirgit mounted archers, and wasted a bunch of them by not beyng able to keep them :mrgreen:

Quick note:  I just saw Sanjar Khan with an army of nearly 200 men leaving Tulga . . . so it looks like we still get large parties, just not as often.  Still, I agree - this may not be necessary anymore.  Thanks for showing it to us in the meantime!

If you want a quick fix for the food problem, just open up your items_kinds1.txt in your Modules -> Native folder, and look for the food items:

itm_chicken Chicken Chicken 1  chicken_roasted 0  34144267 0 25 0 35.000000 110 40 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 50 0 0

Change that 50 to whatever you want and it will now be the amount of food it has. And I -thinik- the green 25 is the base price of the item?  You can change that to reflect the proper price of the food if you do decide to beef it up (pardon the pun :grin:).

Thanks alot for this it is quite handy.On a side note anyone who is having trouble finding what to edit use CTRL-F and type in whatever you need to find example: find Bacon Cheeseburger and it will find Bacon Cheeseburger if its on the page.Thanks again :grin:

i put 10 for leadership, and now when i check in the game one point in leadership only gives 1 extra not ten.  does anyone know why that is?

Ayrudzi said:
i put 10 for leadership, and now when i check in the game one point in leadership only gives 1 extra not ten.  does anyone know why that is?

im haven same problem! were nub mod scripters :sad:

as for the wages, it's a bit harder, as i don't actually know how much they cost, but might try fo find out, but it's ... it's not that hard too ... leadership reduces wages by 80% if you can reduce it by 95

It's now 50% (8% per point down to 5%). Wages are controlled by the level of the troop, I can't remember the formula offhand but level 17 costs about 16 denars while level 35 costs about 35, level 45 costs something like 100. As for wages, here is the formula used in the most recent module system:

("npc_get_troop_wage",
    [
      (store_script_param_1, ":troop_id"),
      (assign,":wage", 0),
      (try_begin),
        (troop_is_hero, ":troop_id"),
      (else_try),
        (store_character_level, ":wage", ":troop_id"),
        (val_mul, ":wage", ":wage"),
        (val_add, ":wage", 25),
        (val_div, ":wage", 20),

(try_end),
      (assign, reg0, ":wage"),
  ]),

This means that wages are determined by level and increase exponentially as the level of the troop increases.

SKnight said:
Ayrudzi said:

could someone help us?

Ayrudzi said:
SKnight said:
Ayrudzi said:

could someone help us?

hope you have done a back up for a start  :grin:

where did you "put" the 10 ?

what was the game's version ? 0.950 ? 0.951 ? 0.952 ?

which file you changed ?
was it the character's save/exploit file ?
or
was the script file in the native script file ?

Back
Top Bottom