maw's Armor Pack 1208 UPDATED

Currently viewing this thread:

maw

Sergeant Knight at Arms
WB
Best answers
0
maw's Armor Pack

430+ Armors that won't weigh you down

Open Source Modder's Project

CREDITS:

please credit when using for your mod thats the deal i have for using skins. either that or i have to take off my clothes or something.

Burrek for K&K, Byzantium Armor, Unique Eurpoeans 1 & 3 Skinsets (bur)
Lord Condormanius Irish Skinset (con)
FJ62 Norse Skinsets (fj6)

Ornumentum mod builders (orn)
Stainless Steel 6.0 mod builders (ssm)

Various other skins from MTW2 mods, will credit as i sort it out

DaBlade, for elegant engraved plates
Subotai, for female mesh

only those dds files costumes3, 5, 51, and 6_ss designed by maw
all other skins compiled from greater talents.





enjoy. maw

DOWNLOAD http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=886
 

maw

Sergeant Knight at Arms
WB
Best answers
0
thanks.

ko,

dunno what you mean... more specific question? maw
 

jonjonas

Recruit
Best answers
0
I copied the files into the textures folder (or which ever one has the .dds files)in it.  They are not showing up in 1.003.  Did it do this wrong?  what is the proper way?  Thank you, they look fantastic.
 

maw

Sergeant Knight at Arms
WB
Best answers
0
you have to move the mod_armors.brf file to the mo'd Resource directory, then add

load_mod_resource = mod_armor

to your mod configuration.txt setting.

THEN you gotta hand-jam them in to the item_kinds1.txt file...

and change the item kind count, at the beginning if the item_kinds.txt file...

i'm doing it now to test stuff.... i'll release something ina few days for everyone to play with - people will be able to edit the values through the UO Item Editor.

if you can't wait... you'll hafta do it yourself. maw
 

jonjonas

Recruit
Best answers
0
Its my mistake, I took the release of this and your Horse pack as a stand alone equipment mod for the game, not developers tools for mods.  I have yet to try my hand at modding because I have no talent.  Thanks for the reply though
 

maw

Sergeant Knight at Arms
WB
Best answers
0
Eduardus said:
Help
Error!!

attempt to reregister texture costumes3_maw.dds
yep. got that today.

the fix is: open the mod_armors.brf file and delete all but ONE of the costumes3_maw.dds and texture. delete also costumes2.dds and texture - theres a default in the main that you want instead.

i got 30 more armors done. when i hit 50 or so i have an improved release, fixing any errors. thanks for the note, Ed.

sorry - i was playing with something and didn't finish. maw
 

EpIeNd

Regular
Best answers
0
Hi all! I am new here and i wanna install those armors..can anyone tell me step by step what must i do to install them?  :oops: :grin:
 

maw

Sergeant Knight at Arms
WB
Best answers
0
EpIeNd said:
Hi all! I am new here and i wanna install those armors..can anyone tell me step by step what must i do to install them?  :oops: :grin:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46003.0.html
 

Somnolent

Veteran
WB
Best answers
0
MAW-

You sir are an amazing resource!

New armors look flat out tasty!

Thank you for sharing your hard work!

Now I'll stop using exclamation points...
 

Bearomir

Knight
Best answers
0
maw said:
Eduardus said:
Help
Error!!

attempt to reregister texture costumes3_maw.dds
yep. got that today.

the fix is: open the mod_armors.brf file and delete all but ONE of the costumes3_maw.dds and texture. delete also costumes2.dds and texture - theres a default in the main that you want instead.

i got 30 more armors done. when i hit 50 or so i have an improved release, fixing any errors. thanks for the note, Ed.

sorry - i was playing with something and didn't finish. maw
Sorry man but I phail at understanding xD
there is only one customes3_maw.dds =/
 

maw

Sergeant Knight at Arms
WB
Best answers
0
yep. should be one and only one costumes3_maw in the texture and materials section - any more or less than one will give errors. maw
 

ponpon

Recruit
Best answers
0
Hey maw, i did almost everything according to your instruction(well i didn't do the horse stuff installation) and deleted all bad or error file like texture costumes3_maw.dds and anything that seem to cause error. after that i enter the game, load my last check point and i find out that nothing change!!! no new armor!!! what am i supposed to do now, please advice........ :shock:
 

maw

Sergeant Knight at Arms
WB
Best answers
0
ponpon said:
Hey maw, i did almost everything according to your instruction(well i didn't do the horse stuff installation) and deleted all bad or error file like texture costumes3_maw.dds and anything that seem to cause error. after that i enter the game, load my last check point and i find out that nothing change!!! no new armor!!! what am i supposed to do now, please advice........ :shock:
i like your avatar.

hmmm.... dunno.

did you start the modded version, as opposed to the default game? there is a selection.

if you copied an itm as a base that does not have the merchandise tag on it, the armor won't show in the armor merchants inventory.

i did as i directed, and put 40 armors in last night, but all my maille versions didn't show up, and that was the problem.

do the items show up through the unofficial item editor? maybe the merchandise tage can be changed through there, rather than redoing your work.

in any case, its good mod training. locate the problem, and fix it. maw
 

Spart19

Recruit
Best answers
0
ponpon said:
Hey maw, i did almost everything according to your instruction(well i didn't do the horse stuff installation) and deleted all bad or error file like texture costumes3_maw.dds and anything that seem to cause error. after that i enter the game, load my last check point and i find out that nothing change!!! no new armor!!! what am i supposed to do now, please advice........ :shock:
I'm getting the same problem. It only seems to work if you overwrite an existing piece of armor. I put the gold mesh armor over the lammar armor and it worked. I can't add any new armor.
 

Spart19

Recruit
Best answers
0
You have to start a new game for the new armor to show up. Just figured it out. Just follow Maw's install manual and it should work.