SP - General Matrilineal Marriages Please

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't want to lose my daughter to other clans, Is it possible to make a matrilineal marriage option so I can keep my daughter and her offspring within my clan, just make it harder like I need to pay extra large number of gold to make this happen.
Or just add a gender invert option in the new game setting.

Last edited:
Is there even any benefit in marrying your daughter off to other clans? You get a big chunk of relations with the other clan, but that doesn't really change anything about their behavior. Seems like the smartest option is to keep all the poor girls as forever spinsters.

If it came with real benefits, like a lasting alliance with a clan that will always (or at least mostly) support your policies and have a very low chance of defection, it might be worth it. But as it is, the meta for the marriage game is the daughters will stay single and in your clan forever

Is there even any benefit in marrying your daughter off to other clans? You get a big chunk of relations with the other clan, but that doesn't really change anything about their behavior. Seems like the smartest option is to keep all the poor girls as forever spinsters.

If it came with real benefits, like a lasting alliance with a clan that will always (or at least mostly) support your policies and have a very low chance of defection, it might be worth it. But as it is, the meta for the marriage game is the daughters will stay single and in your clan forever
That is exactly why matrilineal marriage should be introduced, even CK3, which is more connected to the real world (more patriarchal), has an option for matrilineal marriage, so there's no reason why it is not more commonplace in bannerlord.

I don't want to lose my daughter to other clans, Is it possible to make a matrilineal marriage option so I can keep my daughter and her offspring within my clan, just make it harder like I need to pay extra large number of gold to make this happen.
Or just add a gender invert option in the new game setting.
As it is, you need a mod for it.
The "Arrange Marriage for Family" mod, lets you choose in wich clan the couple lives.

Back
Top Bottom