In Progress Resource Browser Materials RGL Warning Bug

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e.1.8.1
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Modded
The Editor is very prone to spamming RGL Warnings re materials. Normally, I can reconfigure my assets to stop such warnings, however that wasn't possible in this case, suggesting a bug:
fooba.jpg

I have overridden the materials battania_light_armor_e_alpha_mat and battania_light_armor_e_mat to retexture the asset for tartan that changes with factional colours instead of being fixed. The following combined screen shot shows related Native assets in the top half and my mod's over-rides below:
32JWL.jpg
I don't get a RGL Warning about battania_light_armor_e_mat, only about battania_light_armor_e_alpha_mat - no idea why unless alpha materials have different checks. The following image shows my alpha material in the material inspector:
qwV7c.jpg
The only reason I needed to override the materials rather than just the textures was because both the Native materials where mis-assigned battania_light_armor_c_c in their Diffuse2Maps, which I'd overridden previously to factionalise another tartan.
The factionalised/retextured armour works fine in game etc. but I'm stuck with the spurious/bugged RGL Warning every time I load the Tools.
OQp5W.jpg

I've been informed that we are working towards fixing the warning and adding another warning that will convey more and clear information to the end user.
The warnings on load up are a problem, however “helpful” - as they often are conceived assuming a limited set of options that fail to conceive how things might be modded. Too many and they become a significant impediment to getting the editor loaded (to even correct problems they may be flagging or to progress), making them an irritant, especially where they are flagging something that works fine but is not how TW envisaged it working for Calradia. Please, please, please bear this in mind to avoid kicking the same problem further down the same road.

Also in the instance raised by me here, I believe it is a bug caused by two vanilla materials incorrectly sharing the same diffuse2map and then warnings objecting because my override uses a different name from that original texture In one instance to allow factional colouring.

Last edited:
When i forwarded this feedback this was what i get as a reply. We will not be adding any more warnings. But we will be adding the name of the texture which could not be found to the warning. The same warning will be more explanatory. We hope this will make sure the modders will understand the issue more clearly.

When i forwarded this feedback this was what i get as a reply. We will not be adding any more warnings. But we will be adding the name of the texture which could not be found to the warning. The same warning will be more explanatory. We hope this will make sure the modders will understand the issue more clearly.
AFAIK that won’t help if an overridden texture is shared by TW another material. In this instance, there’s no reason this texture is assigned to two materials - it’s an error.

Back
Top Bottom