Need More Info Matchmaking:Siege

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.0
Branch
Main
Alot of the players just play the custom server if they want to play siege. Servers still crash abunch so waiting 10 minute to get into a server that spends 5 minutes in warm up only to crash 5 minutes in is kind of infuriating.

On another note CL hosts Sunday Night Siege every weekend at 9pm est. Judt drop into the NA custom server and if that's not there then Queue up and you'll get our game.

Alot of the players just play the custom server if they want to play siege. Servers still crash abunch so waiting 10 minute to get into a server that spends 5 minutes in warm up only to crash 5 minutes in is kind of infuriating.

On another note CL hosts Sunday Night Siege every weekend at 9pm est. Judt drop into the NA custom server and if that's not there then Queue up and you'll get our game.

I'll say it again " The custom games has +100 but you don't get stats for these games." Also Queue up doesn't work for siege. Trust me I tried, NA and EU for siege.

Siege does work - you need to be lucky. Problem is that people are no longer using matchmaking functionality to play Siege. They are mostly going into custom servers because matchmaking takes a long time. And because people one by one leaving the queue logic, this waiting time increases day by day - creates a self-feed loop.
TW should take action to keep XP based matchmaking for Siege.

I don't even see a reason to have the matchmaking. Honestly just allow us to join servers like in Warband and custom games but have the matchmaking feed into the custom games if you have to.

The only reason for matchmaking is this "level system" that doesn't work at the moment. Some people also do care about their win badges and with custom servers you can't win those either. Warband didn't have any XP based matchmaking and therefore it has only a single server browser which makes sense.
For Bannerlord Taleworlds wanted to push the same system with CS:GO but they missed a really important point: Bannerlord is not CS:GO and don't have that many users. So they again converted back to custom server browser but only keeping captain and skirmish mode in matchmaking. Rest makes sense but they should remove siege from there. And I hope they won't add Battle mode to Matchmaking only, that would be bad.

Back
Top Bottom