Matchmaking Discord for Skirmish

Users who are viewing this thread

The stacked team thing is definitely frustrating. I work a lot, and I just want to come home and maybe have a few multiplayer matches instead of campaign but I play solo and get matched up against clearly a full team of six. Proceed to get stomped and the whole experience is just not enjoyable. I'm way past the playing games competitively point in my life, but given how small the player pool is wouldn't these people rather split up in to teams of three if they're just stomping 90% of the matches on there? Is that what kids see as fun these days?

I mean it's hardly even a balanced game at the moment.

So, I've been thinking about this for a while. I don't really have any conclusions, just rambling. My experience feels like roughly 40% of my games are where I'm against a stack of people, and my team gets run over; 0-3. Another roughly 40% of the time either I'm playing with friends or get put with a stack that's not 6, and the enemy gets run over; 3-0. Those games aren't really fun for me, generally. The remaining 20% of the time I'm either in a bunch of randoms against randoms or in a stack against a stack, and even if I lose those the fight is engaging and entertaining. When it's crush one way or the other it doesn't feel good. I'm not dropping out of matches, I don't want to leave potential new people hanging, once or twice I've been the only one with kills on my team for the entire round, or been left 2 against 6, but I feel I can't just ditch them to get wrecked. On the flip side, when the other team gets run over I stop having the heart for the fight. It feels like clubbing a baby seal... considering the community, probably an elephant seal and not a harp seal, but still... the win feels bad, cheep, and unearned.

The numbers feel smaller then they did a few weeks ago, I see good players drop out against stacks so they can get into a match they can win and I see less good or newer players give up on the fights and leave. I don't think it'd be as big an issue if there wasn't an arbitrary number attached to the match. Kills, deaths, wins, some kind of level up thing are all tied to this random generation of matches, and if nothing else people want that higher number, better ratio, or a badge with 750 wins on it, so they're trying to farm, or seeing futility and leaving for a match where they can get another number higher. It's discouraging for many, I'd guess, myself included. I don't intend to give up on it, but I can understand why someone would. I'd suggest getting rid of it, or reducing it to 3 people in a group, but there are people who are legitimately trying to get into 6v6s instead of running over pubs and talking **** on them, and this is the only way they can, so that doesn't feel right.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the matchmaking system feels imperfect, and I hope something happens to improve it at some point. I know a large amount of the community on the forums has more experience with the game, but this system also effects the people who aren't on here worried about minute changes in weapon swings and balances to unit costs (as important as that stuff is). Everyone in multiplayer who goes into the queue has this as an issue unless they are only playing in a group, and how many new players are going to have a group of 5 fellows with the game?

So, I've been thinking about this for a while. I don't really have any conclusions, just rambling. My experience feels like roughly 40% of my games are where I'm against a stack of people, and my team gets run over; 0-3. Another roughly 40% of the time either I'm playing with friends or get put with a stack that's not 6, and the enemy gets run over; 3-0. Those games aren't really fun for me, generally. The remaining 20% of the time I'm either in a bunch of randoms against randoms or in a stack against a stack, and even if I lose those the fight is engaging and entertaining. When it's crush one way or the other it doesn't feel good. I'm not dropping out of matches, I don't want to leave potential new people hanging, once or twice I've been the only one with kills on my team for the entire round, or been left 2 against 6, but I feel I can't just ditch them to get wrecked. On the flip side, when the other team gets run over I stop having the heart for the fight. It feels like clubbing a baby seal... considering the community, probably an elephant seal and not a harp seal, but still... the win feels bad, cheep, and unearned.

The numbers feel smaller then they did a few weeks ago, I see good players drop out against stacks so they can get into a match they can win and I see less good or newer players give up on the fights and leave. I don't think it'd be as big an issue if there wasn't an arbitrary number attached to the match. Kills, deaths, wins, some kind of level up thing are all tied to this random generation of matches, and if nothing else people want that higher number, better ratio, or a badge with 750 wins on it, so they're trying to farm, or seeing futility and leaving for a match where they can get another number higher. It's discouraging for many, I'd guess, myself included. I don't intend to give up on it, but I can understand why someone would. I'd suggest getting rid of it, or reducing it to 3 people in a group, but there are people who are legitimately trying to get into 6v6s instead of running over pubs and talking **** on them, and this is the only way they can, so that doesn't feel right.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the matchmaking system feels imperfect, and I hope something happens to improve it at some point. I know a large amount of the community on the forums has more experience with the game, but this system also effects the people who aren't on here worried about minute changes in weapon swings and balances to unit costs (as important as that stuff is). Everyone in multiplayer who goes into the queue has this as an issue unless they are only playing in a group, and how many new players are going to have a group of 5 fellows with the game?
pls add a tl;dr

we need a mmr system so badly, saw people with already 500 wins some people are grinding the badge really hardcore

Last edited:
Is there any official information on how the matchmaking exactly works? Would be nice to be able to trigger organized 6v6s faster somehow. Because clicking search at the same time and praying does not work always.

Hope we will get those custom servers asap.

Is there any official information on how the matchmaking exactly works? Would be nice to be able to trigger organized 6v6s faster somehow. Because clicking search at the same time and praying does not work always.

last time i saw a dev write about it ~3weeks ago, he said it was broken and wouldnt match people who are the longest in the queue, but people who just played

It's not a matchmaking, it just puts you into a position in qeue - it's a matchfinder. The 6v6 scrims being a thing is probably an unintended exploit. Doubt that this is a feature.

If @TheBard is kind enough to update the topic accordingly and provide the link in the OP so participation increases, I'm sure we can consider pinning this to make matchmaking a little easier for the time being.

At this current state, the devs put most of their effort towards Singleplayer and I also think that there is not enough players for ranking system in matchmaking.Adding ranks will result long que time specially late in night.What the game needs is custom servers or a way to create a skirmish match by inviting 12 people and dividing them in 2 teams.As there is a 6-man party tab it won't be difficult to improve it a little bit so clans and communitys can play skirmish together.

With the current patch it seems this project gets shut down with 15 minute cooldown from leaving a queue.
@Callum If you want to shut us down like this then cheers! Either we will leave the queue or everyone else, because I think that the six stacks will remain anyway and other people will just get frustrated.

Other - Miscellaneous
  • Added a cooldown for players who have left the game more than the allowed times in a given time frame. Currently, players who left matchmaker games 2 times in the last 3 hours will be blocked from matchmaking for 15 minutes. Note: these values anytime without requiring a patch if necessary or if we encounter issues.
rip.png

Back
Top Bottom