Match premades with premades in skirmish to stop unfairness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Skirmish as it is is unpleasant to play because of the chance to play against an organized clan with a bunch of random with no coordination, as a warband player finding this extremely annoying no new players will want to play skirmish at all because of it.

Implement ranked duo queue max.

Skirmish is terribly unfun as a solo player. It's a disaster trying to rally randoms to have the slightest chance against stacks, and it's almost always you just fighting 3-4 members of the premade at the same time because half your team died in the first 2 seconds.

Thanks KO I love you I really do.

Putting premade vs premade would solve part of the problem, but implementing ranked with a duo queue max would solve the problem irrevocably. If you're an absolute s***lord and seal club with premades in quick play because you like "playing with your friends xD" then that's still an option.

Also, there were 5 stacks tonight I can confirm personally and certainly some others, and the stack I was with kept getting matched against random players. Really sad.

It's pretty boring currently whether you are the people stacking (and not facing a challenge) or the team that isn't stacking (in which case you're gonna have a bad time).

I think there is some attempt at this. Whenever I stack with friends, we get other stacks against us. Might be just coincidence, though.

I would just assume it's based on timing (kind of the reverse of synch matching, where people try to coordinate when they enter a matchmaker solo to ensure they have a chance of being matched together, bypassing the solo vs. group filter for a matchmaker).

Some system that prioritized matching groups with groups and solo players with solo players would be good though.

This! And thank you for bringing this up! We need ranked matchmaking that doesn't take steam friends into account. I would love to play skirmish and captain more but if there's only 2 in the other team coordinating it's many times not fun anymore - and it's mostly more than 2. If they're coordinating that closely AND have skills you're without any chance and it kills any motivation quickly. And I don't think most new players come into this game with friends. They mostly try this alone and tell a friend when they feel like it's worth the hassle.

Last edited:
We need Ranked or some sort of 'Queue up against ppl only with similar win rate' asap. There's enough players for it and no need to keep delaying Taleworlds. Many of your new players are quitting Skirmish games mid-way and not trying again because of this. Veterans/good players and stacks get quickly bored as it's just stomps, even not abusing the overpowered parts of the game.

a high level do not mean you are a good player lol
Matching 4 alpha testers against a bunch of newbiews who just bought the game should honestly be easily avoidable. Right now matchmaking is a garbage joke, especially considering they only beta tested the MP up until now. It's not fun getting 3 kills as a team in a match of skirmish and this happens way too often with tons of clans just queuing as whole teams.

Back
Top Bottom