Master Server for warband module with announcement service.

Users who are viewing this thread

68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f6962544d6b77332e706e67
Example image of in-game single player:
D4311CBC7FEC298D5353C15791289E645CDD7E6F

Hey there, I've been experimenting with a method to improve player participation in battle_time under my Medieval Conquests mod, I've never released this code publicly or implemented it to Public Builds for Medieval Conquests yet, however I've tested it and it works in every way I expected it to, someone here may find it useful, all information is in the Github page including the feature list.

Check it out at Github:

"First of a kind master server for the Mount & Blade: Warband game created with the goal of providing players with on-the-fly notifications regarding any announcements related to cooperative events, multplayer or the overhaul itself, even as they adventure during their campaign.

This requires a dedicated port-forwarded machine to function 24/7 in order to handle logic data of 0 to 1 (which counts how many players are currently playing every few minutes), the master server host also needs to be able to edit files within the machine in order to input data that will output into the user/player machine as a text message for this to work as a proper announcement system instant access to the machine is recommended.

In addition, unlimited reach to players with no need to re-compile any form of code between messages, and an automated approach for gathering data from dedicated servers to output them to players."

Allow me to simplify, this service allows the person who created the mod to output any kind of message to any player playing their mod live, even if they are playing single-player or campaign mode, the owner of the mod is able to gather how many players are currently playing the mod, able to output to them any form of message, the message service is also able to automatically gather data from dedicated servers and output them to players should the owner/modder include it in the announcement message.

In addition, due to the owner being able to output any form of message, they are also able to execute warband code within the player's game, triggering events and changes in the player world should the owner of the mod/developer create these form of integration.

Back
Top Bottom