Modded Massive stutter occuring during in-battle cavalry charges

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta

xdj1nn

Knight at Arms
Summary: Whenever big numbers of cavalry units are about to make contact when charging infantry, the game starts to present continuous stutter combined with mini-freezes and extremely low FPS until the charge is over if the PC looks at the direction of the battle. Sometimes said issue happens in some of the battle scenes from a massive distance after the troops are dead (changing body counts or ragdolls doesn't solve anything, doesn't even mitigate the issue).
How to Reproduce: Let AI handle the battle and watch...
Scene Name (if related): not entirely related, the few scenes I've noticed that could be causing issues weren't as aggravating and as such I didn't memorize those.
Media (Screenshots & Video): novid - if I'm stuttering and suffering ludicrous FPS drops, recording is totally out of question.
Computer Specs:
GPU: AMD RADEON RX 570
GPU Driver Version: 30.0.15021.11005 (according to dxdiag) - 21.50.21.11 (according to radeon panel)
CPU: AMD FX-6300
RAM: 16gb DDR3
Motherboard: ASUS ATX (can't remember the series - which shouldn't be relevant at all to the issue at hand)
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Hey, can you please share a video of the issue so i can forward it to the QA team for further inspection?
"Media (Screenshots & Video): novid - if I'm stuttering and suffering ludicrous FPS drops, recording is totally out of question."

these FPS drops only happen during cavalry charges - can be a combo of poor code on the cavalry pushing foot units combined with the jittering issues.

It also has a lingering lag effect which will remain in the area where it started for 1 to 2 minutes, if you stay away from that zone for a long time during the same battle it normalizes again, looking away from the zone while outside of it normalizes the FPS, if you stay in the zone it started, looking at any direction doesn't help. The factors that influence this are both the amount of cavalry units and their charging onto packed infantry who's already fighting enemy infantry, lag starts right before the first cav troop enters the melee zone, and it won't stop until you do one of the previous steps I talked about.
If the cav has less units and charges it never happens. Generally it happens at most once per battle, haven't seen it happening more even in massive battles.

The second layer of my own "testing" was that it can only be avoided if you move the PC as far away as possible from the melee where cavalry's charging at, than move back. If the first little stutters start and you stay there, it goes haywire and the issue happens on full effect.

Last edited:
Hey, i have forwarded the issue to the QA team. Can you please manually remove all the mod files, verify the integrity of the game files and try to reproduce the issue on a new campaign? If the issue is persistent in vanilla as well, please let me know.

Hey, i have forwarded the issue to the QA team. Can you please manually remove all the mod files, verify the integrity of the game files and try to reproduce the issue on a new campaign? If the issue is persistent in vanilla as well, please let me know.
it is I did a lot of testing before posting this.
the issue is less noticeable without mods, but it's still there (it's like a light version of it) - the main mod that I believe delves into the relevant coding would be RBM - I've managed to mitigate the issue by turning on automation from AMD Radeon software so it keeps changing graphic levels on the fly, but the issue's directly linked to what I described, it's processing over AI behavior, and it seems to overload the game depending on numbers. - the fine tuning to mitigate frame drops works but doesn't remove the issue, it also doesn't seem to be related to particles (I tried disabling them and didn't help). It's likely that the code's overloading on the calcs for AI added on top of the calcs for "push" effect from cavalry.

Hey, do you still experience on a new unmodded campaign the issue after the latest update? If the issue is persistent please send us the telemetry data so we can further inspect the issue.

We have a special performance build to check for these issues by collecting telemetry data. With this data, we can see exactly where and when the game's performance issues happened.Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab. You can also use the "perf_test_beta" for the most current beta build-related issues. You can find more info about it here.
  • Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where you are experiencing performance issues.
  • Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding the “right shift” and pressing the “T” key.
  • Record for 20-30 seconds press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  • Find the "test.tmcap" file in the "...\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside the games installation folder.
  • Finally, you can send the file to us via the ticketing system. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here.
  • It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording, and your graphics configuration. If the data you are trying to upload is too big or the site fails to upload, you can use an alternative site to upload your data. If you choose to do that please left a reply to this thread with the download link.

Same problem went to load a town today in single player and when moving every few inches game would stutter..... In other news was in 2v2caps (yes I know servers been broke for a week)with the meno class... I bought a new helmet but my hair sticks out the back of helmet ?? looks stupid 🤣

Back
Top Bottom