Massive, massive, MASSIVE problem with some siege ladders

Users who are viewing this thread

tommylaw

Grandmaster Knight
This may have been brought up long before, I'm behind on the warband forum.

I've noticed on a couple of, not all, ladder scenes where troops go onto the ladder and simply stop near the middle, effectively stopping the assault. At first I thought it was ranged troops holding up the show by stopping to fire, so I set my troops to hold fire. This stopped my troops using ranged weapons, but the loiterers did not move. Indeed, many were infantry units.

In the most recent siege, I had to shoot eight of my own men dead to clear up the ladder for those willing to move up, but by then it was too late and the damage was done.

Is this a common problem? Is there a remedy? Am I just unlucky?

A few sieges have pathing problems. I've experienced troops getting stuck half way up the ladder at one of the Swadian castles (Rindyar? Reindi? One of them). There's a castle with a siege tower (forget which) where a bunch of troops can get stuck by a bush before they even make it to the tower, which can break up your attacking strength somewhat!

gloops said:
A few sieges have pathing problems. I've experienced troops getting stuck half way up the ladder at one of the Swadian castles (Rindyar? Reindi? One of them). There's a castle with a siege tower (forget which) where a bunch of troops can get stuck by a bush before they even make it to the tower, which can break up your attacking strength somewhat!

Reindi was the one.

Caba`drin said:
You're fully patched to 1.143, I imagine?

Yep, all steamed up, so no chance of me screwing up the patching process either.

Back
Top Bottom