massive map from Chivalry 2 & Bannerlord's new mp map

Users who are viewing this thread

If no sandbox campaign where I can conquer the world I don't care.
This is more related with massive multiplayer map. (the map at video is not that big if u ask me, but ok)
Anyways, i wonder if your sandbox campaign contains randomized/various game objects like these, or not :
-randomized enemy spawns
-changing banners @ lord's hall & cities, depending on the number of land .
-changing fame @ conversations, depending on the number of land .
-new warrior units that emerge based on land count
(etc)

A great video, watched it yesterday. The detail crazy good. Having played the beta the game is performance friendly even with that amount of detail.

Chivalry 1 was awesome and a hell of fun for multiplayer battles, even so i'm more or a singleplayer guy, really hope the devs of these kind of games like chivalry, mordhau etc eventually try their hand on singleplayer sandbox/story/rpg campaigns, M&B desperately needs competition..

Chivalry 1 was awesome and a hell of fun for multiplayer battles
Yeah... if you liked strikes that look like glitched ballet moves, with no momentum mechanics so the players cheesed it by turning their back to you, instantly hitting you. Chivalry 1 was pretty mediocre when you got into it.

I wanted to compare sizes & stages of maps, here some rough results:

atDhU.png

NhdbK.png

pz-yQ.png

lJnax.png

IZAn4.jpg

xisZs.png

The map footage doesn't actually look too ground breaking imo, improvement over Chivalry 1, sure
But in the end unless they do something big and innovative I feel like that game's gonna be dead just as quickly as Chiv 1 and Mordhau died

If no sandbox campaign where I can conquer the world I don't care.
While I agree we have to keep in mind that there isn´t also that much to do in Bannerlord on the world map. At least not when you played 10+ hours because then you´ve seen everything the sandbox has to offer it comes down to open field battles and/or broken siege battles.

And sometimes in between you can get a new hair cut in a settlement or vote in some not really important decisions while your vassals do mindless random stuff and you play wack-a-mole.

Checked new mp map & my findings:

nGIXE.jpg

> I see that spawn and defense areas are not efficiently distributed (spawn areas seems more than it needs & defense areas could have been wider)

fF51z.jpg

_N4J2.jpg

>If you ask me, there should be more cliffs at 1/3 side of walls (THE BLUE LINE)
> And, walls next to cliffs = should be higher
=So, enemy players can not use any kind of ladders to reach main defence area.

[Preventing enemy soldiers from entering key areas quickly = GOOD thing ]
[Demanding all enemy soldiers to use one or two direction to reach key areas = BAD thing ]

[[[ Seems like TW still doesn't care what was successful at Warband( In warband, you can attack inside from every possible directions), and keeps to limiting players.. instead of letting them attack from every suitable places. ]]]

pq3UD.jpg

>The main lord building (hall? ) should be totally open for player circulation, and there should be a door up-right side & some balconies also needed with few sigege weapons.

>After walls & some towers(next to blue lines/cliffs) getting higher, the red door should be open, not blocked.

>The pink tower is a tower that needs to rise. And it also need expanding. That place needs strong defence & few siege weapons.

1IL7s.jpg

To sum basicly.. Collisions were running longer, and a bit chaotic (which is nice). I liked open towers & shape of map. I liked this new mp map in general. I just don't like TW's limited directional push desire for attackers.. We need things like in Warband: every possible directions / attacks to castle should be from any suitable directions (( outside or inside of the castle ))..

Thanks for spending the time to do all of this.
...I just don't like TW's limited directional push desire for attackers.. We need things like in Warband: every possible directions / attacks to castle should be from any suitable directions (( outside or inside of the castle )).
I agree with your thinking, although I think being able to attack from all directions wouldn't go very well with multiple capture points. Currently, the plethora of points to capture once you surpass the walls already basically turns the game into a conquest mode on a castle map. Being able to attack a castle from all sides would only encourage capping all the points that aren't being guarded, including backcapping G. So this leaves them with a bit of a conundrum considering the apparent merits of multiple cap points.
Being able to choose which side to attack from is just nicer. But only having one capture point also isn't ideal if you want to make intricate, large maps.

Cheers,

Thanks for spending the time to do all of this.

I agree with your thinking, although I think being able to attack from all directions wouldn't go very well with multiple capture points. Currently, the plethora of points to capture once you surpass the walls already basically turns the game into a conquest mode on a castle map. Being able to attack a castle from all sides would only encourage capping all the points that aren't being guarded, including backcapping G. So this leaves them with a bit of a conundrum considering the apparent merits of multiple cap points.
Being able to choose which side to attack from is just nicer. But only having one capture point also isn't ideal if you want to make intricate, large maps.

Cheers,
Hey there. Thanks for the kind respond.
I didnt mention to the capture system, and i agree with you. Capture system must be considered/improved somehow, if -all directions will be open for attackers- ; for sure.

For now i can only tell that an attacker should be able to reach a wall with ladder ; from any side of castle(directions + inside/outside) if there is not a preventing cliffs (etc) next to wall. And, flag capture system, spawn system, ladder durabilities/building time also need some love from TW fur the warband-like-fun-sieges.

You´re aware that all of this discussion is useless because TW won´t even recognize this thread?

Don´t get me wrong, I agree with most of your points but you just wasted your time :smile:

We´re still at the point were troops can´t use siege towers / ladders :wink:

This thread will be dead without any TW recognation in like 2-3 days, like all good suggestion/feedback threads :smile:

I mean of course TW will value your feedback and have read this, for sure! Our community managers will forward the feedback to whoever and that person will say "Lol, nice. I don´t care." :grin:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom