SP - General Massive list of community suggestions (originally written on steam by WhiteGryff)

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm aware of that, but his statement clearly shows how they see their game: fast-paced RPG Action, which clashes with almost all items on your list, so the context is there.
3o1ryifd8p731.jpg

Seriously though what the hell. M&B a fast-paced RPG Action, lol?

Me too, would just mean that they have no ambition of making a great game.
That is precisely it.
It goes without saying that the game's potential is Ridiculously immense, but the way TW has so far gone with it, doesn't give me the impression they recognise that potential fully and thoroughly...

Seriously though what the hell. M&B a fast-paced RPG Action, lol?
Yea, I was honestly shocked when I read that. Couldn't believe they weren't aware what (potential) they have in their hands.
It goes without saying that the game's potential is Ridiculously immense, but the way TW has so far gone with it, doesn't give me the impression they recognise that potential fully and thoroughly...
I've seen this several times before. It's a kind of "business" logic (with which I disagree but what do I know) of reducing the game design to the lowest common denominator so as to cast as wide a net as possible to catch as many players as they can. Their common mantra is: "today's (young) players have a short attention span and wouldn't bother to play more engaging and demanding games", which may partially be true, but IMO not nearly as much as is commonly thought among developers.
The most glaring example of this that pops to mind is the "X: Rebirth" fiasco by Egosoft from several years ago.

Back
Top Bottom