Resolved Massive Lag During Siege Battles

Users who are viewing this thread

Kkramar

Recruit
Summary:
I am getting an unplayable amount of lag during siege battles, and I have only been experiencing this amount of lag only in siege battles. I everything would be running fine, the troops are pushing the siege equipment to the walls. Then once the gate and ramps go down, troops start to climb. However, the second I issue in charge command to the army, everything locks up. Not to mention the pathing by the troops on the ladders is SOOO BAD!

So basically, I'm resorted to only do simulations on sieges, which result in me loosing SO MANY MEN!!!! OMG!

How to Reproduce:
Basically do any siege battle and issue any commands to your army breaking the preset pathing.

Quest/Settlement Name (if related): N/A

Media (Screenshots & Video): None required.

Version:

Installed community-made modifications: N/A

Computer Specs
:
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600KF CPU @ 3.7 GHz (6 CPUs)
RAM: 16 GM
Motherboard: MAG Z390 TOMAHAWK
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Having the same issue. Noticed that when I tell all my soldiers to "stop", the game comes back to normal. Only happens after we breach as well.

Game is unplayable in sieges. I just bought an RTX 2060 and thought the game would've been better than the performance from the GTX 970, I was wrong. I have to lower shadows to static only to get a somewhat playable framerate in 300 vs 300 battles, but whatever I do, I can't run more than 20 fps in sieges. I have a i7-5820k CPU @ 4.0 GHz.

Siege clearly use more ressources than normal battle. With a 2080 Ti and a 9900k I have no problem with 500 vs 500 plain battle. However for siege there is shutter together with lower fps (from 45 to 15). However even with 45 fps there is a slight delay every second. The shutter seem to start after the breach when the ai automatically does a charge. It sometime get better after a 10 seconds or more possibly the time for the ai to pass the peak of instruction. For smaller battle the problem is still there but less perciptible.

Back
Top Bottom