Need More Info massive FPS drop in battles

Users who are viewing this thread

miedzian85

Recruit
Welcome! (sorry for my bad english, I am from Poland) I have a problem with performance of my singleplayer battles. Overall, whole game and map is running on ultra settings and the view is great, FPS are very good, even ~ 60 FPS on world map and in small battle. But when amount of soldier is bigger than 150 soldiers (like in warband) the game is starting to lags, often very strong lags. Especially in siege battles, I have to set very low settings and still have massive lags and fps drop ~ 5-10 FPS. Is this issue with game, or with my computer?

My PC settings:
AMD FX 8320 overclock to 4,5 GHZ
Asus ROG 1060 6 gb OC with extra overclock
16 GB RAM HyperX Fury 1866 Mhz
windows 10

I installed all new actualisations for my GPU.
Thanks for help! Game is great and I wait for new features :grin:

Last edited:
I encounter the same issues. I can't play the game in campaign or multiplayer no matter what are the graphical sets, resolution or resolution scale.
Campaign map runs "smoothly" most of the time except a few freeze/fps drop there and there but as soon as I go in a battle or a village/town it is absolutely unplayable. I've tried everything I had in mind without any good result, might work for you :
- Lowering graphics, resolution scale, resolution itself
- Disabled enhanced noises (Windows control panel -> sound -> headset -> enhancements -> disable enhanced noises)
- Cleaning my RAM cache and processes
- Put the value of the process to High
- Launched steam without webhelpservice.exe (integrated steam browser)
However custom battles seem to work fine (just micro-freezes at the beginning like it is loading the troops) up to 200vs200.
Here is my rig, we share the same GPU :
- W10
- i5 4460 Quad Core 3,2 GHz
- GTX 1060 6GB
- 8GB of RAM

I think this might be memory leaks issues combined with GPU issues, a lot of people with GTX 10... series have issues.

Massive FPS drop I notice, when battering ram is hiting the gate, and even more, when soldiers are climbing on the siege tower (and when tower open "bridge").

Hello, sorry for the late reply. We have fixed a considerable amount of the problems we have encountered so far and improved the game performance with the multiple patches we have released. Please make sure that your game, your drivers, and OS are up to date and the game has necessary permissions over your security software. Please let us know if the problem persists after completing these steps and verifying the integrity of the game files through Steam.

Back
Top Bottom