• Tand Soo Do

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Uechi Ryu

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Wing Chun

Votes: 6 5.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

im not sure if this has been discussed but so many forms of martial arts have been ignored its upsetting

Kendo (way of the samurai)

Fencing

Medieval Sword plays such as Zweihander

people forget that martial arts doesnt need to be bare handed. Weapons are still of martial arts people

Mage246 said:
I would like to see an MMA fight where the other guy brings a sword.

how about be more realistic and have a guy who studies kendo bring irn his training sword.

it wont kill itll just break bones is all =P

theelder said:
In my martial art,yes,we really use inner strenght,and it's not "magical",it's science proved,my master was a scientist,and he did some research with his scientist friend,he said that our technique trigger a chemical reaction of a compound (totally forget it's name) and an acid (or enzim,i really suck at chemical) which releases energy,and we really can feel the energy flowing through our body,you may hear that the men breath with *csssss* noise before they hit it (i'm not sure about the one in the video),that make controlling the breath easier
Yes,breaking object isn't a good way to show martial art,i prefer to show the "blind seeing" ability,and we have helped many blind men by teaching this technique,but it still pretty scary to see blind people riding bicycle in the road,haha. Science proved as well,i can explain it if you want. but it seems that there's not many videos about it
I've learned this martial art long enough and i'm not full of fairy tales,honestly i don't like fairy tales  :neutral:
P.S if my signature looks childish and "non-realistic",i don't like anime,this is my friends signature

Yeah.... bull****.

General Darius said:
Mage246 said:
I would like to see an MMA fight where the other guy brings a sword.

how about be more realistic and have a guy who studies kendo bring irn his training sword.

it wont kill itll just break bones is all =P

How about it be more realistic and we have a practical shooting practitioner bring his (loaded and functioning) Colt .45 caliber pistol.

It won't...actually it will kill.

Papa Lazarou said:
I find it a bit depressing that martial arts got mixed up with these weird stunts.

McQ said:
And if any one has any techniques for practicing balance (literal balance, like standing on one foot) and flexibility that would be great. My kicks (especially side kicks) are way too low, and my leg CAN stretch as far and high as it needs to, but it's only when someone is holding my ankle, i have trouble doing it on my own :sad:
stretching-scientifically-lg.jpg
(Seriously, it's a good book.)

does the child come with the book or do I have to get my own?

Úlfheðinn said:
theelder said:
Science proved as well,i can explain it if you want. but it seems that there's not many videos about it
Can you provide an objective study that states the same? (I.e. a real scientific study, not second hand claims or videos?)
This technique is called "Getaran" or roughly means "Vibration" or "waves", as you may know,things always vibrate,even though the vibration is very smooth, like particles. This technique is pretty simple,we just "feel" those vibration and with feeling the vibration,we may know that there's an object around us,we can feel the object. so this techinque doesn't cure blindness,but help blind people "feels" object around them so they can avoid to bump it.
The maximum achievement of this technique is Full Awareness,or maybe more popular with the name "Trance". We may get an optimal state of our body and mind, perfect integration between mind and body. it makes a perfect dodge,reflect and awareness,we may move our body exactly like our mind want to. We may know the existence of anything around us and thinks better, this is why the earlier Sultans (Kings) were so wise.
My longest trance is around 5 minutes,and it broke when i (accidentaly) opened my blindfold
For another resource about this martial art,you may go here,don't worry,it's in english  :wink:
http://mpusa.50megs.com/indept.htm
or
http://originalmartialarts.blogspot.com/2012/03/one-great-if-we-have-always-argued-that.html
And please tell me if you're interested on this or not,because explaining something to people who don't even care about it is not my hobby  :mrgreen:
P.S i'm pretty glad that this martial art went international and some masters share it to people

Try to find out which martial art is the best gonna be almost impossible
every martial art has their own speciality and weakness,that's why we must respect another martial art  :wink:

Jhessail said:
I can't take anything you say seriously when you advertise anime in your signature.
LOL,sorry,that's my friends signature,he runs a website and asked me to help promote it  :lol:
just look at my avatar then

General Darius said:
people forget that martial arts doesnt need to be bare handed. Weapons are still of martial arts people
Bull**** on two accounts. Kendo has always been mild in its approach to sword fighting because it assumes the blow to land on armor, not cut into torsos and wounding limbs, and thus the defense stance they conjure up is unusable in a proper sword fight. What you are looking for is either traditional kenjutusu or pre kendo swords schools. Kenjutsu is common today, but pre kendo sword schools I have no idea.

Also, there is saying that the weapon is the extension of the fist (or palm, depending on who you ask). Sword fighters are expected to know how to defend themselves without a sword. Or as the old Chinese saying goes, A true swordsman's sword is his arms (or legs as well, depending on who you ask).

theelder said:
Jhessail said:
I can't take anything you say seriously when you advertise anime in your signature.
LOL,sorry,that's my friends signature,he runs a website and asked me to help promote it  :lol:
Your grumpy avatar gives me the sads. :sad:

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
General Darius said:
Bull**** on two accounts. Kendo has always been mild in its approach to sword fighting because it assumes the blow to land on armor, not cut into torsos and wounding limbs, and thus the defense stance they conjure up is unusable in a proper sword fight. What you are looking for is either traditional kenjutusu or pre kendo swords schools. Kenjutsu is common today, but pre kendo sword schools I have no idea.

Also, there is saying that the weapon is the extension of the fist (or palm, depending on who you ask). Sword fighters are expected to know how to defend themselves without a sword. Or as the old Chinese saying goes, A true swordsman's sword is his arms (or legs as well, depending on who you ask).

theelder said:
Jhessail said:
Your grumpy avatar gives me the sads. :sad:

in manly tights? tight tights?!

Went to my first Judo competition today and I won a bronze in the young men's kyu group. I (a white belt) managed to throw a 1st kyu (brown belt) within 20 seconds which was pretty weird. Think it was because I've been taught mainly left handed grips and he wasn't expecting it. Just need to work on my ground work some more and try to win a gold in the next one  :razz:

Back
Top Bottom