• Tand Soo Do

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Uechi Ryu

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Wing Chun

Votes: 6 5.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I wonder if those straw Bartitsu hats have a steel rim in them like Odd Job's hat did in the James Bond movie. The handlebar mustache not only looks splendid but is also useful for cushioning boxing blows to the nose.

I did judo in a martial art club when I was in high school. but know, remembering just a few tricks, that's all  :neutral:

Kheshig said:
I did judo in a martial art club when I was in high school. but know, remembering just a few tricks, that's all  :neutral:
As long as your training made you able to shift your weight and exploit the opponent's centre of gravity on instinct, I say you took home quite enough stuff from judo. :wink:

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
Ati said:
Although the kubotan looks an awful lot like a dildo.
If you have someone who knows their craft, get them to coat it in a semi thick layer of rubberized plastic material. You'll thank me when you have to use the kubotan in a serious situation. Or you could do a home job and put a a comfortably thick layer of wire installation/duct tape over where you are likely to hold the kubotan. You'll thank me when you need to use it.

The model I have has finger ridges.  I think it might be counterproductive to duct tape it seeing as that would make it thicker and therefore harder to grip.  Plus I do grip training so it would be a damn shame if I lost my grip on it.  I do see your point though, which is why I considered getting a koppo stick.  Though paying 1 cent for my kubotan vs $23-35 for a koppo stick, the kubotan was easily the smarter buy.

0007923.jpg

Back
Top Bottom