Marshall?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kraven

Sergeant Knight
Okay i did a quick search and couldnt find anything on this... i got this message that popped up ingame that i was chosen as candidate for marshall..

Wootwoot.jpg

anyone knows what that means? (i know i got all the votes... i feel loved lol XD)

Anunnak said:
You should be able to organize war parties... I think you're the Marshall of the Army

Ahh well been able to do that all along since i started out by leading the rebellion against King Harlaus.. so its just a re-election then i guess...

Anunnak said:
You should be able to organize war parties... I think you're the Marshall of the Army
I think he was already able to do that (if Lady Isolla is queen it means he helped the rebels = he is already marshall).

Could be though that if you mess it up, or upset the other lords during the takeover that it can get taken away from you.

When you started the rebellion by joining Lady Isalla of Suno you became her war leader (Marshall). By this you are able to command the lords of a faction (go there, plunder this, patrol that). After the rebellion won and after some time (a year perhaps) went by there is a new election. Based on your result I would say either you are a good leader or Lord Plais is a real *****.
As I did most of the work myself I just sent my lords to patrol their fiefs and did the fighting with my 100 nord huskarls sadly don't know how to get them to fight with you.

I am just another vassal of the Swadians.  In my game, Marshall changes all the time, every week or less.  Occasionally there is an election - maybe once every 3 months.  But typically I just get messages that the Marshall changed.

Does that fit what others observe?  It certainly does not make a whole lot of sense.

It would appear that the marshal of a claimant has nearly unlimited power - dispensing fiefs and ordering fellow rebel lords to do things they actually have to do, such as help in a siege.  After the rebellion succeeds, the marshal's power diminishes considerably.  I'm going to try (in my current rebellion with Lady Isolla) to keep at least one Swadian city or castle unconquered while I go smack the Khergits (who have had the temerity to declare war on us kindly Swadian Rebels).  I want to keep unlimited power as long as possible, at least until I become drunk with power and fall off my heavy charger.  The minute Lady Isolla succeeds the party's over.

I think there is a marshall election every 30 or 60 days. I'm nearing day 400 of my game and I've been voted as marshall 3 times already.

This is really when your relations with other lords matter. Our kingdom, Swadia, conquered the rhodoks and nords and some of their vassals joined our kingdom after theirs was wiped out. And guess what, all those lords I beat up and took prisoner have massive negative relations with me and voted against me. I still won handily though, but it means you may want to not capture everyone you can if you want to remain marshall all the time, or you will end up doing a lot of silly lord relation quests.

Lizard_man said:
i have also become marshall, i can organize war parties but when i attack a city its only my army that fights, no one backs me up even though there with me, anyone know how to get them to back you ?????

Usually when I want some backup troops to conquer a City (being Marshall) I talk with the lord and say "Follow me". I go to the city and I start the siege, if the lord arrives when the laders are ready I attack and the Lord joins in the assault (sometimes the allied lord moves slower than me, so I have to wait a little for him).

This kind of help is usefull when you support a claimant (and you have 50 troops ) to take enemy cities.

The lords will not help you out if they hate you (negative relations)

They would rather see you die or miserably fail in battle to give them satisfaction.

For example; When I swore loyalty to my king, I got a -25 relations hit with the guy whose fief was given to me on joining.

I chased a Swadian war party thinking he would back me up, but he didn't.

Kraven said:
Okay i did a quick search and couldnt find anything on this... i got this message that popped up ingame that i was chosen as candidate for marshall..

Wootwoot.jpg

anyone knows what that means? (i know i got all the votes... i feel loved lol XD)

-His- vassals' counsel? I always wondered about the, ah, "lady" Isolla.  :grin:

I saw something about vassels joining you. Anyone know how to get vassels to join you? I rebeled against the Nords at day 7 because King Ragnar didn't give me a castle and I ended up (192 some odd days later) with Alot of land, but no vassels to govern it. It costs me about 4,000 every week to fund my army, Its getting kind of rediculas. Would be nice if anyone could tell me how you get vassels to join you if your off on your own.

It's been said in other posts but during the rebellion you can talk to the "loyal" lords of the kingdom and try to persuade them to join the rebellion. Whether you succeed or not depends on your arguments, how much he likes you, his personality and such. After you succeed the rebellion all loyal lords rejoin your faction, of course without a fief. You can not give out your fiefs so after a successful rebellion there are only two ways to distribute your holdings:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Loose the castle or city to an enemy, retake it and your king will give it to one of the lords poorer lords (anyone but you)
[*]Leave the faction so that all your fiefs are redistributed, join again (you fill of course only get one village) and go conquer yourself a new city or whatever
[/list]

Saber Cherry said:
I am just another vassal of the Swadians.  In my game, Marshall changes all the time, every week or less.  Occasionally there is an election - maybe once every 3 months.  But typically I just get messages that the Marshall changed.

Does that fit what others observe?  It certainly does not make a whole lot of sense.

I've had a similar problem as a Nord vassal - I've been through spells when the Marshal changed every day, which makes it really annoying on quests --> get a new Marshall --> "Report to the Marshall" quest comes up --> get a new Marshall --> quest failed.... then "Report to the NEW Marshall"...  :evil: gets really annoying with a string of failed quests you can't do anything about.

it only really matters if you werent in a reble force because if you win as a rebel you will already have that power
and if you just joined a team you couldnt give tasks or start campaigns

Macsen said:
Saber Cherry said:

I've had a similar problem as a Nord vassal - I've been through spells when the Marshal changed every day, which makes it really annoying on quests --> get a new Marshall --> "Report to the Marshall" quest comes up --> get a new Marshall --> quest failed.... then "Report to the NEW Marshall"...  :evil: gets really annoying with a string of failed quests you can't do anything about.

Yeah, normally I don't bother unless it's the King, since there's a 75% chance I will autofail the quest before I get there.

Back
Top Bottom