Marshall levy question

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all,

I understand the mechanic when the AI is marshall but how can the player levy troops when he is the marshall? I can't find the option to do so anywhere, does it exist?

Raised my controversy up so I rebel easier. Needless to say, could use the extra troops...

I don't know if this works for other lords' lands, but if you go to one of your villages and talk to the village elder you can ask him to raise the levy for that village, which'll be around 30+ guys.

visit the Q&A thread for quick questions (and remember to use search)

are you talking about the marshal stealing troops from a player's center? Or the feature that allows players to get some troops from their villages to follow them for some time?

The feature that would be similar to the AI marshall taking troops from player centers. Wondering if the player is able to "requisition" troops from centers he does not own in exchange for relation drops with respective lords.

Nothing that related to my question came up in search.

DrunkenFrenchman said:
The feature that would be similar to the AI marshall taking troops from player centers. Wondering if the player is able to "requisition" troops from centers he does not own in exchange for relation drops with respective lords.

Nothing that related to my question came up in search.

not possible, AI garrisons are filled automatically based on prosperity, so if prosperity falls, the garrison size will adjust down automatically too. The reason why marshal requisitions player's troops is because players are notorious for using garrisons as a storage and wage reducer, so once your garrison exceeds the max allowed by prosperity, the AI marshal will have an option to take an excess. You don't lose troops like AI automatically when the garrison size exceeds the prosperity.

players don't like systems that punish them like this one. One of the reasons this feature is one of the most requested tweak (how to turn this off), and anyone looking for a answer can look at the Tweak thread (or VC Tweaks Tool).

devs could let it be (like Native) and don't care about balance (as the game already punishes the player upon starting a new kingdom/rebellion), but VC like BW tends more to the hardcore side, while Native is more casual friendly and easy to exploit. Besides that VC has alternative starts as a lord and king, which complicates things.

devs could apply the same set of rules to the player and AI, but that would be a big change from Native. Players don't tend to like that.

devs could apply a rare penalty for players creating too big of a army in one center. That would only be seem by very few players (conditions are rare like having the huge army, not being the marshal, etc). They went with that. Later, after feedback, they even included a warning message in the game that tells you a few days earlier that the marshall is about to get your troops, thus that message gives the player time to take them out of the center.  Now, to lose troops, you need to not pay attention to the warning (a big popup message on your screen).

other things could be done like raising the garrison cost (too many soldiers in town, not enough food and ale, lots of fights, etc), thus making it hurt the player wallet instead. And so on.

Thanks for clarifying how that worked. I don't mind the mechanic so much, I get why its there. Was just hoping to bolster my army as marshall because the normal way of recruiting is tedious af.

Haha usually yes, but the kingdom I'm in is falling apart. Lords are super disloyal and my king is an idiot who rewards their disloyalty with more fiefs because we have too many anyway. Wanted to grab soldiers in unassigned fiefs so they don't go to waste.

Lol my plan exactly but I've been struggling to get past the "rebel" part :razz: So many lordless fiefs, we never get to the ones I captured before he evicts a lord with a bunch of fiefs that need to be redistributed all over again...

Back
Top Bottom