Resolved Marrying Your Children Off Issues

Users who are viewing this thread

vemerce

Regular
I randomly got the idea that I would marry one of my sons to one of the other lords' daughter. My idea was that would put the daughter as part of my clan, and essentially give me another companion.

I went to Monchug and told him that I wished to join our families through an alliance of marriage. He asked whose hand I was offering, and I picked my son. He said that he would be a good match for his SON.

I tried my second son next, he again offered his SON.

I offered one of my daughters, this time he offered that same son.

After I offered the daughter and accepted his son, then he offered his daughter to my son.

He told me that I should go introduce myself, and they were entertaining other offers too. (Same old, same old.)

I went to his daughter and introduced myself, and she said, "I'm not allowed to talk to you."

We're not at war, and my Relation is 6 with her, her mother, and her father.

Despite her not being allowed to talk to me, it put in her encyclopedia history entry that she married my main character on that day. Functionally, we weren't married though, and my main character never even implied to be her husband.

Definitely something broken in there.

Well, that's hilarious.
It got even better. I finally decided I was about done with my main character on this playthrough. Played him to the ripe old age of 57. Then I used the console mod to make him ill, so he'd die. (I think this is currently the only way to do that.)

So, I picked his daughter who was 22 as his heir. Went to get her married so I could keep the family line going... Everything went normally until the point where I went to confirm the marriage with the lord's family head. At that point, it wanted me to pay him 67k so that his son could marry ALL five of my original character's daughters who were mature.

I thought that was just a visual bug, so I went through with it. Then it suddenly pops up each girl one at a time and says he married them. I looked in the encyclopedia and saw that he was listed as an ex-spouse to the first four girls and a current spouse to the youngest.

Needless to say, I rolled back on that disgusting BS and used the console to just marry him to my hero. Then once she got pregnant and had a son, I used the console again and murdered that fool. :razz:

That has to be the funniest bug I've heard of so far. That and characters having faces as eyes when they die. What the hell? :lol:

Good thing it didn't break your game! You seem to be pretty advanced in the campaign.

That has to be the funniest bug I've heard of so far. That and characters having faces as eyes when they die. What the hell? :lol:

Good thing it didn't break your game! You seem to be pretty advanced in the campaign.
Yeah, I'm up to about 120 hours in a single campaign so far. The downside to that is, I started in version e1.0.5, I've updated daily and am currently running Beta e1.1.0, and I'm not sure what things are bugged because of the game changes mid campaign and what's just bugged period.

I have one last "challenge" I want to overcome in this campaign, and then I'll be ready for a fresh game. I've conquered 90% of the map and just left Vlandia with about half of their starting territory. Now I want to play my original character's grandson, leave the kingdom I started, throw away all of my money and items... Then I want to join one of the factions that I killed off, which holds no territory right now, try to rebuild it, and dominate the map all over again. You know, destroy the empire I built. :grin:

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this topic when it was first created. If you are still experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please leave a reply to this thread so we can forward to the team for investigation.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom