Marrying someone feels like a job interview

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you guys ok with this? Because honestly i can't see how this is in any way better to Warband's system, also not a fan of this persuasion system it feels like a Fallout 3 speech check.

I haven't gotten to that part yet, but I prefer the new persuasion system over Warband's. I also love Fallout 3 and how it handles skills.
You can literally propose to any lady from the start of the game and while usually in Warband it meant they would flat out reject you or the game itself blocks you from progressing because you're not a man of status or you don't have honor or renown that early into the game. I literally proposed to Ira, the daughter of Empress Rhagaea 3 hours into my playthrough, passed the speech checks and now im married to the daughter of the leader of the Southern Empire, i get 1k income because of her party every day and i can even get her troops. I have 6 Imperial Cataphracts and 4 Elite ones 3 hours into the game.

You can literally propose to any lady from the start of the game and while usually in Warband it meant they would flat out reject you or the game itself blocks you from progressing because you're not a man of status or you don't have honor or renown that early into the game. I literally proposed to Ira, the daughter of Empress Rhagaea 3 hours into my playthrough, passed the speech checks and now im married to the daughter of the leader of the Southern Empire, i get 1k income because of her party every day and i can even get her troops. I have 6 Imperial Cataphracts and 4 Elite ones 3 hours into the game.
Speech checks work best for small rewards. What you describe is pretty bad. It should not have a chance % but instead be a Fallout 3 style speech check where you can't reload the save until you get your way.

Edit: This is actually one of the many things Fallout 4 did wrong is it opted for using % chance instead of hard skill level check.

Speech checks work best for small rewards. What you describe is pretty bad. It should not have a chance % but instead be a Fallout 3 style speech check where you can't reload the save until you get your way.

Edit: This is actually one of the many things Fallout 4 did wrong is it opted for using % chance instead of hard skill level check.
Note how i mentioned Fallout 3 and NOT New Vegas. Because NV fixed it, by having it instead rely on your stats rather than some bs percentage based dice roll.
If Bannerlord had New Vegas' system where you need, for example, a certain amount of progress in the charm skill i would be much more pleased with it.

This would increase the age rating to 18 losing many players also its stupid.
Lol, since when does age rating makes you lose players ? Does it seems to you that GTA V lost players because of age rating ? We're in 2020, nobody cares about age rating anymore.

This is a medieval role playing game! with lots of violence. I don't see why they can't add brothels. Most of the mount and blade players base are young adults or older. Let's not act like this game is a massively popular online game with kids lol. This is a cult following game.

I haven't gotten to that part yet, but I prefer the new persuasion system over Warband's. I also love Fallout 3 and how it handles skills.
Skills aren't really taken into account from what I have noticed. I had the same percentage chances of marrying a character on day 1 with minimal charm as I did on my day 350 with stupid high charm. 9% Crit Fail rate, with a 53ish% Success rate. No change based on my skill being 12 vs 220.

Skills aren't really taken into account from what I have noticed. I had the same percentage chances of marrying a character on day 1 with minimal charm as I did on my day 350 with stupid high charm. 9% Crit Fail rate, with a 53ish% Success rate. No change based on my skill being 12 vs 220.
This. I mean they worked eight years on this for what? They basically have nearly all the old scripts. They only made a new map and a bunch of graphic effects and so on. I mean it wouldn't be to hard to just add the best features of the most popular mods and go on with it.
Also now they restrict workshops income. Why implement this system at first if you than restrict it? Money doesn't play a big role after a certain point anyway and the early game restrictions are huge.
Also after the new patch I get permanent siege crahes but I guess this is expected at this stage.
I will make a longer post about this.

This is a medieval role playing game! with lots of violence. I don't see why they can't add brothels. Most of the mount and blade players base are young adults or older. Let's not act like this game is a massively popular online game with kids lol. This is a cult following game.
Because age ratings, if they added them in it would go way higher than it is.

Lol, since when does age rating makes you lose players ? Does it seems to you that GTA V lost players because of age rating ? We're in 2020, nobody cares about age rating anymore.
that maybe the case, but its also about how easy it is to sell a game. like on the steam store 18+ games are behind a age barrier (not that it does anything)

The fact is that they would be a pointless addition to the gamr
Not at all. It adds role playing and it fits with the time period. Your troops just won a hard fought battle? Go to a brothel to celebrate. Hell make it a ownable property as well. I know TaleWorlds probably won't add it but modders absolutely will.

Back
Top Bottom