Marrying off your siblings

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord of Banners

Sergeant at Arms
Looked through old posts only found two relevant. It seems to be broken atm, but was wondering if its changed in current patch (1.4.3). Tried marrying off brother, but no new dialog options appear after I'm pointed to the eligible bachelor by the clan leader. (i.e. I talk to Lucon and he says go meet Zoana. Zoana has no new dialog options.)

Am I missing something? Will this be fixed soon, I'd love some ez influence gain and my brother can't lead parties so he might as well be useful.

I also was curious and looked around. The consensus is that it's not yet implemented.

I hope they incorporate it soon. I like the idea of preparing for a war in the future by making sure my borders are secure via marriage. Like knowing I'll wage war on one country and intermarrying family members with those of nobles in adjacent countries to prevent those countries from attacking me (or even coming to my aid).

I also was curious and looked around. The consensus is that it's not yet implemented.

I hope they incorporate it soon. I like the idea of preparing for a war in the future by making sure my borders are secure via marriage. Like knowing I'll wage war on one country and intermarrying family members with those of nobles in adjacent countries to prevent those countries from attacking me (or even coming to my aid).
I don't think thats how it will work. Either we will gain a new family member and the potential for more children or give other clans a new family member. I'm not sure they have decided what happens to your sister and if you get her husband or lose her. We'll see at some point, as they clearly plan to implement it.

I don't think thats how it will work. Either we will gain a new family member and the potential for more children or give other clans a new family member. I'm not sure they have decided what happens to your sister and if you get her husband or lose her. We'll see at some point, as they clearly plan to implement it.

I mean if they want to go for Medieval Euro realism, most of the time the bride of one family joins the clan of the other. I think the only real exceptions to this were if say the bride was from a higher noble station that had no male heirs. It'd be neat if the bride either stayed in your clan if you had a higher clan rank, or joined the opposing clan if they had a higher rank. It'd also be interesting if it was a choice you had to make during the Charisma checks or something. Like you could pressure the other noble clan to let their son join your clan by spending influence or bribing them.

Am I missing something? Will this be fixed soon, I'd love some ez influence gain and my brother can't lead parties so he might as well be useful.
yeah, probably age limit, which is 35 for marriage and 45 for giving birth... got same situation, try to marry my son (20) and all future brides are 2 or 3 times older than him :grin:

I mean if they want to go for Medieval Euro realism, most of the time the bride of one family joins the clan of the other. I think the only real exceptions to this were if say the bride was from a higher noble station that had no male heirs. It'd be neat if the bride either stayed in your clan if you had a higher clan rank, or joined the opposing clan if they had a higher rank. It'd also be interesting if it was a choice you had to make during the Charisma checks or something. Like you could pressure the other noble clan to let their son join your clan by spending influence or bribing them.
If you play a female character, you do steal someones son when you marry. So thats the question, do you lose females who you arent playing but when you play that female she can take steal a son by marrying him?

If you play a female character, you do steal someones son when you marry. So thats the question, do you lose females who you arent playing but when you play that female she can take steal a son by marrying him?
wife usually follows husband... even nowadays
never play as female in Bannerlord, so I can't say who steal whom :grin:

Well this makes sense when the only heir of a noble line is a female, but it normally only happened when the male is low on the inheritance of his family (4th son or something) or the female is of a higher noble station (female Duchess marrying a Baron). I mean it also depends if the culture is matriarchal or patriarchal as well, but there are a lot of factors they could play here by bringing lore for the various kingdoms. Like the Khuzait would be patriarchal while the Aserai are matriarchal or something which would affect inheritance choices, which nobles actually lead parties and armies, and how the marriage mechanic would work. Like it would be interesting to be able to marry Derthert's daughter, do something that gets his sons killed, and bing bang boom you're now the default incumbent ruler for that Kingdom when Derthert dies.

Well this makes sense when the only heir of a noble line is a female, but it normally only happened when the male is low on the inheritance of his family (4th son or something) or the female is of a higher noble station (female Duchess marrying a Baron). I mean it also depends if the culture is matriarchal or patriarchal as well, but there are a lot of factors they could play here by bringing lore for the various kingdoms. Like the Khuzait would be patriarchal while the Aserai are matriarchal or something which would affect inheritance choices, which nobles actually lead parties and armies, and how the marriage mechanic would work. Like it would be interesting to be able to marry Derthert's daughter, do something that gets his sons killed, and bing bang boom you're now the default incumbent ruler for that Kingdom when Derthert dies.

Well, You already can do that.. But's not a 100% formula yet. Reasons:
  • Marriage yet doesn't make difference, you gain no relation, no extras, nothing ( I'm married to Zoana, Lucon's daughter)
  • I did this on Ataconia Battle: i took all my soldiers to an flank to pincer the enemy, but while the army progressed on map the lords and cavalry simply went ahead to harass enemy. The results: Arcor died, Lucon died but they killed Desporion, Theopholios ( Gario's son) and another lord.
  • Ascyron, although went together he simply got unconscious even fighting like his father.
  • Death is not 100% calculated yet on battle, I think.
P.S: One thing I noticed on Ai battle behavior,on campaign option: Normal, they act more agressive without formation... Veteran battle = more formations, more care for life and strategy... I didn't thest the AI behavior challenging because, I got the battle was good, although we losted a few northern legates, they were veterans of Pendraic (the old guys)

Back
Top Bottom