Marrying in story mode [spoilers]

Users who are viewing this thread

So I'm trying to get married while still doing the story. To be specific, this is right after the Assembly but before talking to Asbjorn.

I'm a vassal of Danmark at this point (joined them after invading and conquering Friese, because holding it alone was very tough). Just for giggles, I decided to marry Ragnhild to stick it to Sigurd. I'm not sure whether that is the problem, or it's a generic storyline limitation, or a bug, but basically I cannot marry her even after getting relation with her all the way up to 100. She still keeps sending invitations to visit regularly, so she's clearly interested, but whenever I ask her about marriage she replies with, "It's good to hear that your intentions are honorable. However, I'm not ready to commit yet".

The relation with her is at 100. With Sigurd it's 30, and I have obtained official permission to court her from him. I have Heroic reputation and renown of over 1500. Eight fiefs (the entire Friese, basically) and 80k gold. So I'm not clear on what else I can possibly do to get her to agree. She does give the occasional come-and-fetch quest, but that just raises relation further (and it's capped at 100 so it's basically a waste of time). Sigurd doesn't have any further options to discuss marriage in his dialog.

So... am I missing something, or will I have to get back to this after completing the story?

Is that the same as reputation? In that case it's "heroic". If not, then where can I look it up?

I'm pretty sure that it's positive and rather high, anyway, since I let lords go after battle (unless they're dicks), and refuse rewards for cleaning bandit infestations in villages. And don't loot anything in general.

int19h said:
Is that the same as reputation? In that case it's "heroic". If not, then where can I look it up?

I'm pretty sure that it's positive and rather high, anyway, since I let lords go after battle (unless they're dicks), and refuse rewards for cleaning bandit infestations in villages. And don't loot anything in general.

Ok, then there is a random roll, that you have to overcome. I think the likelihood of getting the desired answer is ~20%

ok, then there is a random roll, that you have to overcome. I think the likelihood of getting the desired answer is ~20%

Hm. I've definitely asked this way more than five times (basically every time she invites me for a visit). I understand that it's possible to simply be that unlucky, but it would be nice to confirm. I recall that regular M&B prints out a bunch of debug stuff when lords make decisions if cheats are enabled; is there anything like that here that I could look at to see that, yeah, it's the random roll that's killing me?

int19h said:
ok, then there is a random roll, that you have to overcome. I think the likelihood of getting the desired answer is ~20%

Hm. I've definitely asked this way more than five times (basically every time she invites me for a visit). I understand that it's possible to simply be that unlucky, but it would be nice to confirm. I recall that regular M&B prints out a bunch of debug stuff when lords make decisions if cheats are enabled; is there anything like that here that I could look at to see that, yeah, it's the random roll that's killing me?

I will check your savegame. There are some modifications to the native system, so it's harder now.

Ok, you have very low charisma, only 6. it's basically impossible to marry anyone ( :razz:) Get it to at least 9 to get a fighting chance

Ahh, that makes sense.

As a feature request, it would be nice if the lady's reply did hint at that (just like you get other replies if you have too low renown, or she has other admirers etc).

Hey I have asked a girl to elope with me but I didn't have a property and now I have a fort. it has been over a month but she still says we must bide our time or something and my character says he will strive to be worthy of her esteem. Does she ever reset so I can ask again? I have 90 relation with her and 9 charisma. She was going to do it before as well.

Back
Top Bottom