Marrying BL to CK3

Are you going to have a wet dream about this too?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

So... a lot of frustration reading the forums and missing features in Bannerlord had a better hold of me and I had a dream last night.

In that dream Bannerlord married Crusader Kings 3 (or the other way round), and the resulting child was CK3 campaign map with all of its features, and BL combat. City life was inspired by GTA V.

8pvg2gkv6gl21.png

Maybe tonight I'll have another dream, this time horror, where it is the other way around.

I was just thinking this myself, city life more like Kingdom Come Deliverance. But seriously bannerlord could adopt some ideas from CK3 like levy recruitment, opinion systems etc

I Prefer Bannerlord mechanics to Ck... Played Ck2 and it was ok, have no interest in Ck3 at all......

i agree hopefully they lookin at ck3 and getting some ideas so far its been 5 months and the game is still as empty as ever

some additional relationship and diplomatic mechanics would be cool, but trying to turn the game into a CK relationship simulator would be a massive mistake

Personally I'd prefer a BL battle and campaign map graphics mixed with Total war Rome II/ Medieval II campaign mechanics. There is enough to provide depth, but not an overwhelming amount like CK

In that dream Bannerlord married Crusader Kings 3 (or the other way round), and the resulting child was CK3 campaign map with all of its features, and BL combat. City life was inspired by GTA V.

Sure!

But let´s be realistic, this will never happen, even if you take out the GTA city life.

CK is like an ocean and BL is like a shallow puddle.

CK tries to be a more or less "realistic" RPG medieval simulator, BL tries to be...I don´t really now? An arcade medieval combat simulator with some very minor RPG elements?

Also in CK, your allied armies are quite useful, in BL they just do some random stuff you can´t control. In CK you can´t control them too but I´m really suprised how "smart" they behave, most of the time at least.

I also even care more about my 7th child in CK than about my first child in BL.

Newsflash: "CK series better at strategy/RPG!"

What a stupid analogy. How much time and resource is spent by Paradox on CK's illustrious combat engine? Oh thats right, it doesnt have one. Apples to Orangutans.

Newsflash: "CK series better at strategy/RPG!"

What a stupid analogy. How much time and resource is spent by Paradox on CK's illustrious combat engine? Oh thats right, it doesnt have one. Apples to Orangutans.
Well hence the wet dream. IMHO these two titles could fit each other perfectly. If one fails at cunning ways of CK strategy, maybe annihilating enemies in BL combat would compensate for that. But as you all say, it's never gonna happen.

Also in CK, your allied armies are quite useful, in BL they just do some random stuff you can´t control. In CK you can´t control them too but I´m really suprised how "smart" they behave, most of the time at least.

This is a bit surprising, considering the amount of complaining about useless allies in wars on Paradox's forums.

I can agree that their are some good mechanics of CK games (2 and 3) that could be of some inspiration for bannerlord. I wouldn't think a marriage, or even an offspring of the two alone. What we're looking for is more like a gene tailored test tube baby, where we can pick the best parts of both and leave the boring/grindy parts behind. And yes, I do think CK has some grindy parts, I'm talking about the time when the game is running but there is nothing for you to do really, which happens often.

This is a bit surprising, considering the amount of complaining about useless allies in wars on Paradox's forums.
I have like 25-30 hours right now, several restarts of course, my allies do what I expect them to do, help me in wars. They always send their troops close to my army and support me in battles/sieges. If I don´t need the support they try to capture enemy regions and even resiege my own regions.

One time I had a bug, they didn´t move and I lost the war because of that. The AI can always be smarter but for me it works in CK3. Also I expected a bug fest because of Paradox :grin: , but nope...there are some minor and some bigger bugs, but nothing which breaks the game. It´s much better than I expected it would be at release and it´s a lot of fun.

If you are interested just get the gamepass for 3,99€ and try it out, can´t lose anything for 3,99€.

Last edited:
If you are interested just get the gamepass for 3,99€ and try it out, can´t lose anything for 3,99€.

I have the game, my allies are mostly useless, getting themselves picked off in smaller groups and/or sieging nowheresville. I don't mind that, I'm just surprised because you're pretty much the first person I've seen say that allies are useful in CK3.

edit: I will say that the one time my allies did something worth mentioning, it was managing to wound the guy whose claim it was on my land, right as the warscore was like -93%. It wasn't planned or anything, just like this guy getting randomly ganked in an otherwise curbstomp battle but he died of his wounds so the war instantly ended.

To me they are two very different games and i want them to be their own thing instead of trying to be each other. BL battles in CK3 would pretty much make you forget what you were actually doing in the grand strategy part of the game by the time you were done and there would be very few battles aswell compared to BL. The micromanagement in CK3 would be a PAIN in BL, some elements of it could be implemented, but it would be too much of a time stealer at times.

I have like 25-30 hours right now, several restarts of course, my allies do what I expect them to do, help me in wars. They always send their troops close to my army and support me in battles/sieges. If I don´t need the support they try to capture enemy regions and even resiege my own regions.

One time I had a bug, they didn´t move and I lost the war because of that. The AI can always be smarter but for me it works in CK3. Also I expected a bug fest because of Paradox :grin: , but nope...there are some minor and some bigger bugs, but nothing which breaks the game. It´s much better than I expected it would be at release and it´s a lot of fun.

I have had tons of issues with allies, seems you have been lucky, i do play in mountain regions alot, maybe thats the difference, but to see them go around and around a mountain again and again taking attrition damage is kind of annoying, also they tend to not merge up instead getting killed in small groups giving the enemy warscore, they are not abosolutely horrible, but i only use them if i really need the edge and can spare the resourse. Also out of 6 people i know who got it on gamepass only 2 go it to work at all. rest had to go buy it on steam.

I´ve only played in Ireland right now (noob island for the win), so most a my wars are kind of small (like mostly 1-3 armies on both sides), don´t know if this could be the issue. There aren´t that many mountain regions too.

For me it works and I´m happy about that :smile: .

Back
Top Bottom