SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Marry Companions

Users who are viewing this thread

Issue: I´d like to be able to marry with companions of several reasons:
  • I don't want to rob clans of their members. They are thin enough as is! 10 new young female nobles(10-20 years old at start) in each faction would not hurt!!
  • I want to broaden the use of companions
  • ! don't allways feel my charachter suits a noble marriage. As a T1 clan snapping good T3-T3 marriages for 3 clanmembers is amazingly immersion-breaking!!
Solution: Let me marry myself and clanmembers to companions!
They remain companions in all aspects. (It´s another suggestion but a way to promote them to regular clanmembers would be a nice feature too!!)
Children becomes regular clanmembers.

I made a mod that simply generated a Lvl 1 spouse to the player charachter at gamestart. Solved my issue. But proper solution to intermarry my clanmembers and companions would be so great!

+1 for this nice suggestion.
Why should I pick another strange girl/boy from some clan instead of picking my comrades to marry?
There was no land granting feature for them before, now there is.
I can give a few ideas for this.

1- You have to complete a series of quests about their past story (revenge, whitewash or steal something) when you meet them for the first time, they tell you about their past.
2- gift for marriage. It is possible to apply the same form of betrothal to a nobleman's wedding today.

I think this is not difficult and it makes the game more perfect with many choices.

Thanks for your reply @lanrtis999!

+1 for this nice suggestion.
Why should I pick another strange girl/boy from some clan instead of picking my comrades to marry?
I can give a few ideas for this.
This would make much more sence in most playthroughs!
Noble playthrough - At least early game playerclan is Obscyr as best! Why would even a T3 noble clan marry of their nobles to them?
Anything else(Trader, Merc, bandit....) - What noble marries them anyway?!

1- You have to complete a series of quests about their past story (revenge, whitewash or steal something) when you meet them for the first time, they tell you about their past.
Alot of work to implement unique backstory for each type of companion and but would be great!

Hmm... Married companion I guess would snatch your clanmember and any children of theirs if you made them a clan of their own! thats fine if the game lets the player that very clearly!

I don't want to marry at all and be a member of the gentry! I'd rather them allow commoners marry and some sort of criminal game to play.
That´s matching what I want! :smile: Marrying a commoner companion is a great start!

When you raise a companion to vassal they may (frequently do in fact) offer themselves (if female) to marry one of your relatives (typically the younger brother). I assume if you remain unwed, they may offer to marry you. The male companions raised to vassal status also offer to take your younger sister off your hands.

When you raise a companion to vassal they may (frequently do in fact) offer themselves (if female) to marry one of your relatives (typically the younger brother). I assume if you remain unwed, they may offer to marry you. The male companions raised to vassal status also offer to take your younger sister off your hands.
They will not offer to marry you as two clan-leaders can't marry :smile:

Back
Top Bottom