Resolved Married daughter off to clan member that I promoted into a lord. Had an adult baby together that crashes the game when I try and talk to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

volovos

Recruit
Summary: I married my daughter off to a companion of mine that I promoted into a lord. They had one healthy baby but their second was born as an adult. I didn't run in to him until way after that happened, and when I tried talking to him in a tavern, the game crashes.
This "child" does not actually appear as a member of the clan on the clan's encyclopedia entry, but you can find him through the listed family members on my daughter's page.
How to Reproduce: Marry daughter off to lord?

Summary: I married my daughter off to a companion of mine that I promoted into a lord. They had one healthy baby but their second was born as an adult. I didn't run in to him until way after that happened, and when I tried talking to him in a tavern, the game crashes.
This "child" does not actually appear as a member of the clan on the clan's encyclopedia entry, but you can find him through the listed family members on my daughter's page.
How to Reproduce: Marry daughter off to lord?
Only childs of the gender of the promoted companion are bugged.
Childs of the gender of their spouses work normal.

I think the bug here is the changed occupation of the companion, childs will get the occupation of their parents, but the promoted companion change his occupation from wanderer to noble.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here: C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves. You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I stumbled into the same issue recently and can confirm:
I promoted a male companion, who after a while married a female noble.
She gives birth to a girl: all good.
She gives birth to a boy: he is adult. Older than his parents...

I have a save game right before the birth of the child. I am not using any mods, game version 1.6.4, but the campaign was originally started in 1.6.3.
Would the save game help?

Hello, i've been informed that this issue is fixed and the fix will be applied with the further pathces. If you keep your old saves the children will stay at the same age but the game wont crash when you try to talk to them, or you can start a new game in which the issue is fixed and new-borns will be born in appropiate age.

Back
Top Bottom