SP - General Marriageable Freedom, Romancing, Courtship, and Family: a complete love-life and progeny overhaul suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread

Legitimacy, as in rightful succession? A number of Roman emperors were adopted, including Augustus Caesar, who also adopted his son. Rome and the Byzantines are major influences to the empire factions, so it's not so farfetched for it to be in the game. Someone also mentioned earlier in this thread that the king of the Battanians was adopted according to backstories, but I haven't checked the truth of that statement.
True, I didn't think of that bit. Ultimately, if it ends up in the game, I wouldn't complain. It's not something I care about enough to actively want but not something I'd bother complaining about either.

Should allowed to marry companions or have children out of marriage also there should be a way to increase the amount of children you can have . Large families were the normal in medieval times 7 to 8 children . There also could and arranged marriage option and deals to be made to increase relationship between families once you marry a member of your family to another you would not control them anymore. Marriages should have cut scene like in Warband make it an event may be have the ability to spend more money on a wedding to have a grander wedding also this increase relationship with spouse and there family. It would good to have gifts a ring a fine dress you could buy to impress the lady or gentleman of your choice this would increase there relationship. Also for children could we choose who is going to heir and higher a teacher to help increase there skills.

Supporting this thread & suggestions with all of my heart.
Bannerlord wants to be a "medival simulation" - and planning your clan's development should be a massive gameplay portion of it.

I like most of those suggestions!
The only one I wasn't happy with was adoption because legitimatcy is an issue worth considering but everything else sounds like it'd add a lot of fun and depth

Actually this should be a concern of the culture and faction you are a member of. For instance, I totally can see that being an issue for Vlandians since they're based on medival european kingdoms. Lineage was very important for the nobles there. In Roman Empire the family (clan) mattered much more than a singular "fatherly bloodline". If you got adopted into one of the powerful families you became a legitime part of it.

If the game starts considering cultural background how succession and clan development is modified, I'd love to see that for sure.

Supporting this thread & suggestions with all of my heart.
Bannerlord wants to be a "medival simulation" - and planning your clan's development should be a massive gameplay portion of it.

I decided to check back on this thread out of curiosity, and somehow there were posts that I never noticed or got notifications for. Odd...

Anyway, thanks for the support. You statement there is the heart and soul of my suggestion. Clans are supposed to be central to the game, and so the development of your clan should likewise be a major part of the gameplay.

I would also like to be able to arrange marriage between clans, say you have a few kids and you want to marriage them into another clan, at the moment you can’t.

Multiple votes mean those who would like LGBT marriages can cast votes for others too. Besides adding that option doesn't take anything from your game, but it adds for other players. Do not be so selfish.
And? It still has the lowest amount of votes from all options reflecting the community's wishes.

The community is whole with its LGBT members, we play this game too. You cannot decide to discriminate and exclude people with numbers...
Ok so you disagree with me that the suggestion to have homosexual marriages has the lowest amount of votes of all options?

Dont you Think devs should first add the things most Players want and agree with?

Yes, like you said this is a thread about things that "should be added" not the other way around.
Yes and Homosexual Marriage should be the last thing of all suggestions here added if even at all, since it is the least wanted.

Also i am going to start a own thread later this evening, asking the community if they want homosexual marriage added into the game. Because in this thread you cant vote no to the suggestions.

Last edited:
you don't need to bother hiding your homophobia behind "what the community wants" fam, you already tried and failed being open with it.
Aha ok so why is then the homosexual marriages has the lowest amount of votes of all options?

And I don't understand what you mean by that I don't need to hide my homophobia, Do you want me to openly admit to it so that I will be banned?

I think you just dont like to listen to the facts if they dont represent your opinion, that must be a pretty hard to swallow pill for you.

Last edited:
Aha ok so why is then the homosexual marriages has the lowest amount of votes of all options?

And I don't understand what you mean by that I don't need to hide my homophobia, Do you want me to openly admit to it so that I will be banned?

I think you just dont like to listen to the facts if they dont represent your opinion, that must be a pretty hard to swallow pill for you.
You must not have read the first post. Please read note number #5 below the introductory paragraphs.

I am going to make it really easy for you so that you don't have to dig through the OP.

***Note 5: Please do not argue about why homosexual relationships should not be in the game. Moderators have had to clean up too many heated arguments.***

There you go. Let's not keep beating that dead horse.

I am going to make it really easy for you so that you don't have to dig through the OP.

There you go. Let's not keep beating that dead horse.
I am sorry and thanks for digging it up for me but i just got sick off all the accusations of beeing a homophobe. I agree with you we should stop arguing over it.

The only one on the list that I wouldn't want to see is the romance option. Unless of course it was optional. Think Warband where you could go the route of asking the head of her house or you could convince your bride to be to run off with you against the wishes of her family.

The one change I would absolutely like to make is to bypass the whole "You should get to know her" bit when asking the head of the family. It is an odd immersion choice for me, marriages in the time the game takes place were largely arranged, specially when it came to nobility. Often times the bride and groom had never met or even if they had it was to the extent of being in the same room as them at some banquet and never talked. It was more often an arrangement between the heads of the house.

Make family members always visible in the clan (family) tree
even after your daughter marries into another family.

Arranging marriages of your offspring and family is a core element of Medieval diplomacy and a keystone of dynastic dreams.

Fiefs should transfer with kin unless the nations culture/laws say otherwise. I was disappointed to find out, after hunting down and personally executing every Vlandian Lord that their lands did not transfer to me. I married the Vlandian Kings eldest daughter and killed all her brothers, sister and father --- aaand all ALL vlandian lords only to see the kingship and lands be given to the king of the desert. Why does he get them? I have no idea.

I know there is a lot of ground to cover in development and I'm sorry if this exact topic is addressed somewhere else or in the road map. But please, please implement arranged marriage and code to facilitate the transfer of fiefs upon death. Whether those fiefs go to the next eldest son or so on. This will help stitch together a fabric of reality that can be historically manipulated.

God bless
I love you
I love this game

latest

Arranging marriages of your offspring and family is a core element of Medieval diplomacy and a keystone of dynastic dreams.

Fiefs should transfer with kin unless the nations culture/laws say otherwise. I was disappointed to find out, after hunting down and personally executing every Vlandian Lord that their lands did not transfer to me. I married the Vlandian Kings eldest daughter and killed all her brothers, sister and father --- aaand all ALL vlandian lords only to see the kingship and lands be given to the king of the desert. Why does he get them? I have no idea.

I know there is a lot of ground to cover in development and I'm sorry if this exact topic is addressed somewhere else or in the road map. But please, please implement arranged marriage and code to facilitate the transfer of fiefs upon death. Whether those fiefs go to the next eldest son or so on. This will help stitch together a fabric of reality that can be historically manipulated.
The transfer of fiefs upon death is a brilliant idea which seems more like an oversight that should have been in the game already. I can understand in cases where fiefs are granted by the lord, and so the lord gets to pick who inherits them should the owner die, but for cases where the lord dies or in cultures where succession of fief ownership is hereditary (or if there is no one else from the faction to inherit them), it should fall to the next in line or nearest kin. They shouldn't completely change to another random factions. In the least, they should become independent until someone conquers them.

Back
Top Bottom