SP - General Marriage requirements

Users who are viewing this thread

xGreedo

Regular
In my opinion there should be some requirements in order to open up the "ability" to get married in the game.
Like some flat renown
or high lvl clan
or the player clan should be higher lvl than the other person that the player wants to marry.

Because right now literally the daughter of the empress can marry a nobody, feels odd.

Did that indeed happen? Could you please clarify under what circumstances did this happen? What was your character level, charm skill, player traits, clan renown and the barter cost that you had to pay? A save game would be great too.
Because right now literally the daughter of the empress can marry a nobody, feels odd.

Did that indeed happen? Could you please clarify under what circumstances did this happen? What was your character level, charm skill, player traits, clan renown and the barter cost that you had to pay? A save game would be great too.
I think by "marry a nobody" he meant something like "a daughter of the Empress herself can marry a low-life merc (which is literally "nobody" for the Medieval world).

I think by "marry a nobody" he meant something like "a daughter of the Empress herself can marry a low-life merc (which is literally "nobody" for the Medieval world).

The problem though, in Calradia, is that a very few is eligable for the empiral princesses and princes. All other realm factionleaderclans are "rebels" and/or "barbarians". Who should the empiral daughters marry? Well of cause not a "below T2 player" but who else?

Sure but a save game would help us analyze if the current behaviour is desired. There are already certain checks in place that are meant to prevent the marriage between characters of grossly different status but if you're noticing behaviour that feels unnatural to you then please let us know the specific case and we'll have a look (save game desired as well).

Sadly i have deleted the save file.
My charm lvl was lower than 50 clan lvl 3 barter cost 6000-8000 i dont remember the rest. (its been some time)
Also Ira is always marry someone from Battania or Sturgia in the last playthroughs that i had and leaves the empire.
That means Rhagaea has no heir anymore so the hole story about the senate that doesn't want a female heir is kinda pointless.
And in my current save file Rhagaea married a sturgian lord, should that even be possible?

Last edited:
There are already certain checks in place that are meant to prevent the marriage between characters of grossly different status
Hmm, never actually noticed that. May I ask to elaborate a little bit more on that so maybe I could contribute in the marriage problem too (so I actually know if I see a bug or a feature here). I thought it was totally random and AI marries each other without giving a second thought about anything.

Sadly i have deleted the save file.
My charm lvl was lower than 50 clan lvl 3 barter cost 6000-8000 i dont remember the rest. (its been some time)
Also Ira is always marry someone from Battania or Sturgia in the last playthroughs that i had and leaves the empire.
That means Rhagaea has no heir anymore so the hole story about the senate that doesn't want a female heir is kinda pointless.
And in my current save file Rhagaea married a sturgian lord, should that even be possible?
In my game Rhagaea married a battanian lord from the fen Gruffendoc clan, but the empire and the battanians are nemesis in the lore of the game.
Empire heroes should never marry a battanian hero.

They hate each other, they do should not marry them.

In my game Rhagaea married a battanian lord from the fen Gruffendoc clan, but the empire and the battanians are nemesis in the lore of the game.
Empire heroes should never marry a battanian hero.

They hate each other, they do should not marry them.
I don't think that the game lore is taken into account somehow ATM. All lords see each other as a simple NPCs, so I often see Battanian lords marry Imperial ones, Sturgia marries Khuzait etc.

But honestly, before we have alliances etc, intermarriages should be restricted. In my last game an WE princess married into Derthert of Vlandia´s clan. Since then, "we"(WE) has been attacked by Vlandia 3 times. All 3 wars Vlandia has lost. Not less that 3 times I know the princess has been captured by her father or members of his army in battle(She has been capured 5 times in total by WE lords as per her log. This 3 times I was there witnessing it!). It´s rather immersion breaking that the marriage means nothing, nor does the capture.

But honestly, before we have alliances etc, intermarriages should be restricted. In my last game an WE princess married into Derthert of Vlandia´s clan. Since then, "we"(WE) has been attacked by Vlandia 3 times. All 3 wars Vlandia has lost. Not less that 3 times I know the princess has been captured by her father or members of his army in battle(She has been capured 5 times in total by WE lords as per her log. This 3 times I was there witnessing it!). It´s rather immersion breaking that the marriage means nothing, nor does the capture.
Even death of the King in battle means nothing right now. And somehow I doubt that TW will change that.

Hmm, never actually noticed that. May I ask to elaborate a little bit more on that so maybe I could contribute in the marriage problem too (so I actually know if I see a bug or a feature here). I thought it was totally random and AI marries each other without giving a second thought about anything.
Seems like I spoke too soon.

So, as it stands right now when it comes to AIvsAI marriages there are various factors taken into account such as not being in war, having relation above -50, if the settlements are further away that reduces the chance of marriage,...

The likelihood of marriage increases with the age of the characters and decreases as the age difference between the characters grows.

You guys were talking about interfactional marriages, if characters are from different factions the chance of marriage reduces by 50% right away.

The likelihood of marriage also increases with the relation between the clans.

But to sum up this thread and this is what I will also bring up in the suggestion meeting:
  • AIvsAI marriages should take into account the social status (renown, clan tier).
  • AIvsAI marriages should take into account the lore of the world.
  • Cross factional marriages happen more than you would like to see and when they do, you have a feeling that the marriage doesn't mean anything and it doesn't influence the diplomacy between the factions (in the case of the princess discussed by @Tryvenyal).
Anything else I missed?

Cross factional marriages happen more than you would like to see and when they do, you have a feeling that the marriage doesn't mean anything and it doesn't influence the diplomacy between the factions (in the case of the princess discussed by @Tryvenyal).
In my case it´s quite extreme I must say. It´s a royal marriage ending up with a father and daughter fighting several wars, she fights for the enemy faction-leader clan.

The best solution is not restrict the possibility of a royal marriage but to make it matter. An AI king could use any influence available if he can avoid a war with such an enemy. And having an marriage with the enemy is quite a great argument so he could get an bonus when voting No a DoW or something simelar. It´s not diplomacy but it´s a step :smile:

Restricting the option to marry is not at all good. After all, Royal Marriages is what nobles did all over the world :smile: Who else should WE daughter marry than a neighboring prince? I take a step back from my previous expressed opinion

But honestly, before we have alliances etc, intermarriages should be restricted

Back
Top Bottom