Marriage problem - Father's permission

Users who are viewing this thread

Jaqub Qukub

Recruit
Hi, sorry if it was here before, but, here is the situation, I started ,,dating” with Lady Olekseia, and we already like each other (releationship 50+) but when I go to her father Boray Belgaru (reletionship 20+) he keeps telling me that I spoke to her without his permission and he doesn't want to discuss it..so my question is, is it possible for me to marry her after some time ? (improving my releationships with her and mainly her father)..I saw somewhere that if you speak to a lady without lord's permission it is impossible to marry her, is it true ? :/ also somewhere read that renown has a role in this, well in that case I have higher renown than her father and brother, and she doesn't have any ,,lord champions”..please, just tell me it's still possible for me to marry her :X

Well, there's always the option to try to elope with her, but it also depends on the personality of the lady herself.  Some personalities are easier to convince to elope while others aren't as easily swayed, IIRC.  You also run the risk of pissing off her family if you do that (though if it was me, I wouldn't mind since Belgaru's an ass as it is).

Like "Ghost" says Boray Belgaru has a unpleasant personality, that personality type will never let you marry her if you saw her 1st without his permission. Elopement has a lot of negatives associated with it, best to just find a new girl.

Do your research beforehand.  Select a woman with a father who is honorable.  Best if you can then select a woman who values an upstanding suitor.  You won't have much competition and her father won't care if you have spoken to her without his permission.

[LoS] King Reinhart said:
Don't get married bro, she'll take half your kindgom and dennars. Plus, historically speaking, most of the girls were married in into other families at like age 15-16 so SHE'S TOO YOUNG FOR YOU BROOOO

You do realize that the marriage age back in the Dark Age/Medieval times was far younger than what today's standards are, right?  For those wondering, it's probably somewhere around 13-15.  I don't remember for sure.

Ghost of Razgriz said:
Don't get married bro, she'll take half your kindgom and dennars. Plus, historically speaking, most of the girls were married in into other families at like age 15-16 so SHE'S TOO YOUNG FOR YOU BROOOO

You do realize that the marriage age back in the Dark Age/Medieval times was far younger than what today's standards are, right?  For those wondering, it's probably somewhere around 13-15.  I don't remember for sure.
Good lord  :???:
But to the OP, only thing I can think of is improve your relationship with her father as much as you can and keep asking. He's bound to say yes eventually

You might have low renown, sometimes they wont allow marriage because too low renown. I'd say go for 500 renown and then marry. Or marry a **** village lord's daugther.

Some characters won't, if you ask, give you permission later if you started courting their daughter without asking in the first place. What you need to do is build your relationship with dad to 30-40. Attend a feast he's present at, say hi and he'll say something like "you should meet my daughter blah blah". =Permission granted.

Ghost of Razgriz said:

Good lord  :???:
But to the OP, only thing I can think of is improve your relationship with her father as much as you can and keep asking. He's bound to say yes eventually

Just checked it out. Built my character highest renown in game, had 100 relations with him. Still says "no" because I talked to her 1st.

Thank you all for your replies, and Ivan Khan, well damn, Boyar Belgaru is one annoying bastard..I've decided to marry oné other lady, so I finally married Lady Katia, I just needed more renown than the vaegir marshall

Ivan Khan said:
Elopement has a lot of negatives associated with it, best to just find a new girl.

Other than pissing off her father--which in this case you shouldn't care about since Boyar Belgaru's an ass--what are the other negatives?

Back
Top Bottom