Marriage per Tier, not per gender!

Users who are viewing this thread

It makes no sense that a high tier clan marriage their daughter to a lower tier clan and that daughter join the lower tier clan.

In CK3 marriage is not per gender, but per tier, will say a king would never marriage their daughter regular to a lower tier character, they will only marriage their daughter matrilineal to lower tier characters.

Please remove this idea of marriage by gender and replace it through marriage by tier.

Marriage has almost always been based on gender. Thats not going to change since this game is based on a period of history where homosexual unions didn't exist. Gay marriage doesn't produce heirs.

I agree that class should be a bigger factor but it should still be based on gender.

In CK3 marriage is not per gender, but per tier, will say a king would never marriage their daughter regular to a lower tier character, they will only marriage their daughter matrilineal to lower tier characters.
In both CK2 and CK3 it is possible to marry above and below your station, but you get a prestige buff/debuff.

I don't see a problem with marrying between tiers here either. At most it would just make the marriage trade more expensive.

Also, most people like to marry as early as possible to squeeze out as many kids as possible, which is gonna at Tier 0 or Tier 1 at most, and considering most clans are T3-4 early game, it would just make the game artificially harder.

Marriage has almost always been based on gender. Thats not going to change since this game is based on a period of history where homosexual unions didn't exist. Gay marriage doesn't produce heirs.

I agree that class should be a bigger factor but it should still be based on gender.
lol! maybe I am wrong but I don't think that OP was suggesting homosexual unions... What I understood here is that he is asking a formula somewhat more complex than the current 'she is a woman, I am a man = can marry' or vice versa which probably everyone totally agree.

Clan tier, power, relationships, etc ... all this thing should have a heavy weight in the decision, also couples who want marry but the faction leader don't allow it, and ... yeah you know all these stuff that we had in WB and has been replaced by nothing ATM ... I still have my hopes, less than yesterday but still...

lol! maybe I am wrong but I don't think that OP was suggesting homosexual unions... What I understood here is that he is asking a formula somewhat more complex than the current 'she is a woman, I am a man = can marry' or vice versa which probably everyone totally agree.

Clan tier, power, relationships, etc ... all this thing should have a heavy weight in the decision, also couples who want marry but the faction leader don't allow it, and ... yeah you know all these stuff that we had in WB and has been replaced by nothing ATM ... I still have my hopes, less than yesterday but still...

Yeah, I probably just read his post wrong. It sounded like he wanted to drop gender requirements to me.

I do agree with his theory that class should come into play. The Arwas of the world shouldn't be getting married to property free nobodies.

The current mechanic sucks but it isnt any worse than the poem game I had to play in Viking Conquest.

For now though, I almost prefer an overly simple save scum game than a bad overly complicated quest to learn all of the worlds poems and then try to guess which ones make her moist.

It makes no sense that a high tier clan marriage their daughter to a lower tier clan and that daughter join the lower tier clan.

Please remove this idea of marriage by gender and replace it through marriage by tier.
I like the tier idea but the gender restriction absolutely needs to stay.

The game is set in a fantasy medieval setting and the vast majority of nobility marriages back then would have been for procreation of lineage.

If they are going to formally implement homosexual marriages then they ought to include an elaborate adoption system.

The way I see it, and how many things need to be added, homosexual marriage is very, very low down on the list.

I like the tier idea but the gender restriction absolutely needs to stay.

The game is set in a fantasy medieval setting and the vast majority of nobility marriages back then would have been for procreation of lineage.

If they are going to formally implement homosexual marriages then they ought to include an elaborate adoption system.

The way I see it, and how many things need to be added, homosexual marriage is very, very low down on the list.
No one said they need to implement homosexual marriage, it's just the OP fails at English and said "by gender" instead of "regardless of social status".
But now that you suggested how to implement it, let's put it on their todo list.

This is not entirely true especially with daughters. Also you wealth had a class all its own and having class did not necessarily make you wealthy so the son or daughter or a wealthy merchant could very well find themselves marrying into nobility. Alsop a noble family might "sacrifice" a third son or even a first daughter to marrying a wealthy commoner son or daughter so that the noble family could take advantage of the wealth and connections they offered.

In Bannerlord, your considered an "Up and coming young lord or lady". I mean you went from castaway with nothing to merc/wealthy merchant to lord usually within some record breaking time span, something like maybe 3-5 in game years. That is a pretty meteoric rise in rank. Also you may only be tier 3 or 4, but it is entirely possible to own 2 cities and 3 castles by that time, more actual property than some Tier 5 and 6 lords. That being the case, I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that a high tiered family would be willing to attach their fortunes to your coattails by offering up a suitable groom or bride. At the end of the day wealth and power allows for no boundaries.

that how people discuss on forums : gay marriage should never happen ! though your view is to make low tier males marry into high tier clans instead of just sending every daughters away

I though OP was referring to the fact that female clan members (sister, daughters) automatically leave your clan and join another when they marry, while male clan members bring their wife into you clan.

I though OP was referring to the fact that female clan members (sister, daughters) automatically leave your clan and join another when they marry, while male clan members bring their wife into you clan.
Yes, female clan members should not always leave the clan and join another.

They should add a matrilineal marriage option.
I dont want that my skilled females clan members leave my clan.

Back
Top Bottom