Marriage no longer possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Doofus

Sergeant
So...I started (lightly) courting a wife before even getting a holding. Although I run my own kingdom sometimes, this time I decided to join an existing one. I was given a village. At some point while I still had just a village I reached 100 in relations with my girlfriend. When I asked if she would marry me she said she wanted to see me rise farther in the world. OK, I can understand that. Eventually I was made marshall & got myself a castle. I asked again. Same response. Kind of surprised since a castle would actually be a place to call home, a place I could put her in charge of, and a place she could stay waiting for me. But OK, she must want me to have a town. Soooo... a bit later I become Marshall again and take Dub Lihn and am granted it. I still have 100 relations with Morgawse and ask her about our future again. By now she is with Glywyssing and staying at Caer Dyf, which isn't even owned by her family. Nope, same response. I need to rise higher in the world.

Huh? At 100 relations she presumably loves me more than life itself. She currently doesn't even have a home. Her father has no fiefs, not even a village. If she married me she would become one of the few lucky ones who owns a town (plus a castle and village). I've already reached the goal of Powerful Lord. One of the times I asked her I was Marshall. The only thing higher than me would be if I was a king. How does she think she's going to marry a king when her father is impoverished?

As an additional note, I've also been courting Derbforgil for a while, since Morgawse first refused me, because I felt it might help since she is in the same kingdom as me. My relation with her is now about 70 and she also says she wants me to rise higher. The only thing I can think of is that my goal is set to be a Strong King and I haven't reached that goal yet (nor do I expect to. I set that goal before deciding to join a kingdom). If that is why they refuse me, its stupid. It indicates they don't want to marry someone who has future goals. Its also something I can't change at this point since I've already achieved 'Powerful Lord'. I tried, I can't change it back.

It was more just expressing irritation that it didn't seem to make sense that I couldn't get someone to marry me. I think I got it figured out though. After I reached reputation 100+, then I was able to get Morgawse to marry me. So apparently the reputation was the sticking point; although it makes me wonder what happens to those that don't try for high reputation.

It was more just expressing irritation that it didn't seem to make sense that I couldn't get someone to marry me. I think I got it figured out though. After I reached reputation 100+, then I was able to get Morgawse to marry me. So apparently the reputation was the sticking point; although it makes me wonder what happens to those that don't try for high reputation.
Maybe try writing this in Viking Conquest section as the mechanics may not be present in most modules.

Back
Top Bottom