Marriage is bugged, read before attempting!

Users who are viewing this thread

wideeyenow01

Recruit
If you talk to the clan leader/father before passing both persuasions attempts with the mate, and ask alliance between houses? you just ruined your playthrough...

passing both persuasions locks you out of any other marriage, and you can only ask the father once or twice...

well there goes my third playthrough, thrown in the trash with the others... ...yay... (>_<)

Correct me if I’m wrong but this would just prevent any new marriages right? So the entire save isn’t trashed.

Yeah in theory your character will die eventually and it’ll be over but there’ll definitely be other things that would have killed it before that happens.

@kalarhan thank you, but like skyrim, i wanna master vanilla before getting into mods

well the marriage system and alliance with her family is still not finished, so you will need to wait until this gets in. Its too easy right now, too fast, and even the marriage part is skipped (the party/celebration). Then you have issues with the kids.

so instead of mastering it, you will need to learn the workarounds of the unfinished mechanic for the time being.

[mods] are just a alternative way of using [workarounds], but if you dont want use them, that is fine too. Keep a eye on the patch notes for future news.

Keep more than 1 save as well. I keep 5 running saves, as soon as i load after update i use Save As before it auto saves, this way i have a back up point if something gets screwed. You can also backup the saves folder.

What issue with the kids.... ?.... damn it.... :sad:

yeah I had more than one save, but in my excitement of finally winning 2 speech challanges I saved all of them to that point, in case the dreaded corrupted save thing was to finally smack me in the face... so... true... i done f*d myself, lol

well the marriage system and alliance with her family is still not finished, so you will need to wait until this gets in. Its too easy right now, too fast, and even the marriage part is skipped (the party/celebration).

Female characters are unbalanced as well because the game starts at age 30, in game years are short and with 35 you get locked out of the marriage option entirely. Was surprised when I encountered that as I was trying to find a husband and suddenly the romance option was gone and had to fix it with dev console. So longer romance part really would screw that when it does not get balanced in all directions.

Was someone able to give a birth while playing as female? I have had a male spouse in my party for months, no result. [1.1.0]
I have played two campaigns with female characters and I can not only confirm that childbirth is possible, I can also confirm that you do not need to be in the same location as your spouse to become pregnant (regularly happened while we had separate parties on opposite ends of the map) and there are no in-game effects from the pregnancy state (kept looting, pillaging, and solo-fighting looters). You just get notified at random times that a pregnancy has begun and get another notification later that you have a child (through teleportation magic apparently, since the child will spawn in one of your cities regardless of how far away you are at the time).

well the marriage system and alliance with her family is still not finished, so you will need to wait until this gets in. Its too easy right now, too fast, and even the marriage part is skipped (the party/celebration). Then you have issues with the kids.

so instead of mastering it, you will need to learn the workarounds of the unfinished mechanic for the time being.

[mods] are just a alternative way of using [workarounds], but if you dont want use them, that is fine too. Keep a eye on the patch notes for future news.

I fully agree. The game is unfinished and unbalance as hell in its current state. It is NOT "Vanilla" at this point, it is still just milk, sugar and ice in the churn. That is what Early Access means and I don't understand why people don't acknowledge that when they buy a game in early access.

Luckily with this game we have an option to fix most of the annoying little things that need fixed/improved, we can turn to mods.

I can honestly say, my first, "Vanilla" run through felt kind of lame. Now that I have modded the game, it is 100x more fun because I fixed things like the very slow progression, the snowball effect and lack of autoblock. Just 3-4 mods and the game feels like an entirely different and more fun game.

I have played two campaigns with female characters and I can not only confirm that childbirth is possible, I can also confirm that you do not need to be in the same location as your spouse to become pregnant (regularly happened while we had separate parties on opposite ends of the map) and there are no in-game effects from the pregnancy state (kept looting, pillaging, and solo-fighting looters). You just get notified at random times that a pregnancy has begun and get another notification later that you have a child (through teleportation magic apparently, since the child will spawn in one of your cities regardless of how far away you are at the time).
thanks, have to wait then. But its hilarious that you keep fighting being pregnant :smile:

Back
Top Bottom