Marksman using rifle as melee instead of halbard

Users who are viewing this thread

Sjdeany

Recruit
I have a problem my marksman are using there rifles to club people to death when they have a perfectly good halbard on there back, They never used to use the rifle and were using halbard fine but for whatever reason they dont now.

I've tried differnt orders but they wont use it.

Unless im missing something count this as a bug report.

I'll try that for now though I told them all to piss off and got myself 45 replacement inf instead :razz:

From a previous thread on the same issue: Anyone figure out how to get marksmen to switch to a melee weapon?
Caba`drin said:
The pistols and muskets have dual weapon modes, as ranged weapons or the "hit X and use as melee" mode, like thrown weapons in Warband. The bots are correctly changing to melee weapons when in close quarters, rather than continuing to try and fire (if they didn't that would be a bug), it's just that the weapons they are changing to are also their muskets...the butts of them to be precise. So, they are making the correct decisions (according to the Warband engine).

If you don't like this, you could always open up Morgh's Tools and edit all of the muskets/pistols (open up the item editor, sort for all items of type "crossbow"--yes pistols and muskets are using the Warband crossbow mechanics--and then un-tick the box "next item as melee" for each item). That way, when their AI says they are too close for ranged and should switch to a non-ranged weapon, they will be forced to use another weapon instead of the butt of their musket. Of course, this will remove your ability to use the butt of the same musket as melee, too...

So basically if anyone has a question on gameplay mechanics all that person has to do is search for posts by user: Caba'drin.

Back
Top Bottom