How is your hype going?

• I'm getting more excited as the EA approaches

• My hype level still the same as before

• I'm getting less hyped about the game lately

• I'm worried about the current state of the game

• I'm losing hope, BL is straying too far away from WB

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

at first was hype, then played the beta. got less hyped.

am thinking if they manage to score an "overwhelmingly positive" rating on steam, I'll think about it. but based on what I've seen, I think I'd rather wait until I hear when the final product is planned for launch and keep an eye on the reviews. especially the single player reviews. there's going to be a **** storm of youtubers and twitch people playing and reviewing the game... it'll be pretty obvious if it's worth buying or not

Last edited:
My thoughts as well.

Waiting too much and watching too much content before buying may kill my hype.
Imagine waiting for 8 years just to give up from buying the game when it finally comes out.
I don't really understand this mentality. no game out there is exceptional enough to ignore feedback. TW only gave us multiplayer during beta so that's why it seems that people are only concerned with it. the performance of one part of the game should reflect the other... so to me what it sounds like is a bunch of people trying to rationalize their doubts of a poor beta experience and lean heavily into singleplayer making up for it.

Shouldn't it be that you waited 8 years and therefore you can wait a couple more months for the reviews to come out- no problem? No funny business, just waiting for a consensus on a physical product and being unimpressed by the loads of speculation being offered currently

The Multiplayer beta has gotten boring fast, but hey that's not my cup of tea anyway.

But based on the multiplayer content I'm in EA because the SP formula seems so simple.... It can literally be Warband with better graphics and I'm good.

Course I've logged over 800 hours or so in the SP game so I'm probably biased...

I don't really understand this mentality. no game out there is exceptional enough to ignore feedback. TW only gave us multiplayer during beta so that's why it seems that people are only concerned with it. the performance of one part of the game should reflect the other... so to me what it sounds like is a bunch of people trying to rationalize their doubts of a poor beta experience and lean heavily into singleplayer making up for it.

Shouldn't it be that you waited 8 years and therefore you can wait a couple more months for the reviews to come out- no problem? No funny business, just waiting for a consensus on a physical product and being unimpressed by the loads of speculation being offered currently
Problem is I'm not going to rely on others' opinions, I would rather lose 50 bucks to find out it's a horrible game by myself (and maybe try to help it by giving feedback), than wait the reviews to get better like some sort of medieval No Man's Sky.

Problem is I'm not going to rely on others' opinions, I would rather lose 50 bucks to find out it's a horrible game by myself (and maybe try to help it by giving feedback), than wait the reviews to get better like some sort of medieval No Man's Sky.
I would tend to agree with you in relying on other's opinions, but the track record for these things is just too hard for myself to ignore, with things like steam reviews and the few curators I trust for accurate reviews, being that they are so consistently accurate... plus I can always judge whether I will like a game or not by watching gameplay footage or streaming content.

Unlike you guys here, I would pay for Bannerlord even if it was just updated graphics i only play SP, Not really into MP that much. Imagine having 500+ units and not CRASHING? Holy it's gonna be glorious.Hopefully the battle maps in SP are big. Can't wait to try the new marriage system and having kids. Gonna be cheating on my wife with some nord woman.

Oh and this image under all these letters. That's only 100 units. And it covers the whole map of warband. Imagine having a 500 unit Cavalry charge. Yeeet

Oh, not to mention the siege engines. How are you guys not happy about that? Are you guys fine with going up on 1 ladder with 200 units waiting in line for the massacre above.

But you guys SHOULD voice your opinions on games and mechanics you don't like, If no one was allowed to voice their opinion. Who knows where the gaming industry would be now.

Last edited:
I would tend to agree with you in relying on other's opinions, but the track record for these things is just too hard for myself to ignore, with things like steam reviews and the few curators I trust for accurate reviews, being that they are so consistently accurate... plus I can always judge whether I will like a game or not by watching gameplay footage or streaming content.
I think watching SP streams would spoil my sense of discovery. I can't afford it after 8 years. Who knows if I'm going to die tomorrow, heh? ?

I am happy Ark is only 11€ right now, because it helps me forget Bannerlord release for a bit. Although siege mode yesterday... ?

am thinking if they manage to score an "overwhelmingly positive" rating on steam, I'll think about it.

From the feedback i've seen of the beta, and the reaction to the game going into EA rather than full release.. I'm calling it now, this will go straight to 'Mixed' reviews on Steam. Possibly for the duration of EA, depending on which gameplay features are missing on March 29.

From the feedback i've seen of the beta, and the reaction to the game going into EA rather than full release.. I'm calling it now, this will go straight to 'Mixed' reviews on Steam. Possibly for the duration of EA, depending on which gameplay features are missing on March 29.

Warbands recent reviews is overwhelmingly positive the SP of bannerlord is literally warband with way more content and depth how are you coming to that conclusion logically. The devs also said during a SP demo at gamecon 2019 that the SP would have pretty much all the features in play and working.

If it was only multiplayer yes, but the dev's seem to be extremely confident about singleplayer, so we could see it carrying the reviews.

SP of bannerlord is literally warband with way more content and depth how are you coming to that conclusion logically.

I know it'll get a positive review from me, but some people might be salty about EA and how long the game was in dev even if the game is mostly finished and super cool.

I think it'll be mostly positive reviews and then overwhelmingly as time goes on.

Back
Top Bottom