How is your hype going?

• I'm getting more excited as the EA approaches

• My hype level still the same as before

• I'm getting less hyped about the game lately

• I'm worried about the current state of the game

• I'm losing hope, BL is straying too far away from WB

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Duel mode isn't really something that needs wide scale testing so yeah having it in the beta is pretty pointless. Siege on the other hand, hoping we get the chance to test that before EA.
Having duel mode for the beta would have been anything but pointless, it's a mode we've been asking for months now that would allow for proper and in-depth testing of combat, it would have made everything combat related a lot easier to study and then work on improving. Testing was already hard enough in previous stages, now it's harder than ever because of the limited number of TDM servers, the class costs, player interference and the fact that we don't even have access to passworded servers. Trying to properly test stuff in this game is a nightmare because we don't have even the most basic tools available.

On the main topic, I'll buy the game first day and dive in head first into the singleplayer, but I'm honestly pretty worried about the state of the multiplayer at this point, combat is still in a very bad spot, I find the class system to be an even worse idea the more stuff they introduce and the more I play, and lately I'm finding the game to be incredibly boring at times.

Duel mode would've made testing and balancing the mechanic a lot easier.
Chambers for example were so hard to use, that people almost never got around to test them.
I understand that your comment is based on the "implicit fun" comparison between these two modes (I love Siege Mode, but....). However, a Duel Mode that would have been enabled from the start alpha-beta would have provided a controlled environment for direct testing of the combat system. Users had to manage to provide quality feedback by moving to one corner of the map so that no arrows ended up in their knee screwing up the test.

edit: Dudese Ninja :grin:
Having duel mode for the beta would have been anything but pointless, it's a mode we've been asking for months now that would allow for proper and in-depth testing of combat, it would have made everything combat related a lot easier to study and then work on improving. Testing was already hard enough in previous stages, now it's harder than ever because of the limited number of TDM servers, the class costs, player interference and the fact that we don't even have access to passworded servers. Trying to properly test stuff in this game is a nightmare because we don't have even the most basic tools available.

All of your points are spot on about how it was needed for testing combat mechanics, but my point is, the actual base mechanics of the duel mode don't need wide scale testing like siege mode will do.

It should've been added in at the start of the beta 100%, but with 28 days to go now, and almost every combat mechanic issue being covered in depth already, I believe siege mode testing would be of greater benefit than duel mode would, but that's just my opinion.

Just to clear this up, I don't think duel mode would've been pointless in the beta, probably the wrong word to use.

Look who showed up! Long time no see, my lord.
Hype brought me back, that and I've grown sick of getting repeatedly trounced in Warband's multiplayer.

It's great to see you back @Lord Engineer, though you might want to change the color of your cape and thus the color of your font, it's barely seen with the new theme :razz:
Thank you for your welcome back, I hope my new colour of choice works better.

Last edited:
In what way is the engine broken

Check the combat issues thread linked by Terco a few pages ago for an overall picture.
Expecting him to give actual intelligent reasoning and bases behind his thoughtless slander? Come on now, that's a little ambitious.

Sorry but I have no enthusiasm left for this game to put any kind of effort in making a huge list, again, check the combat issues megathread or any of the threads on the combat section to see a lot of the complaints made about the engine, many were fixed, but the overall mechanics wich make the engine and combat unenjoyable are still there, and they are there to stay, but im sure if you are player focused on SP and not paying too much attention to the overall flow of the engine and combat you wont notice or care for many of these, enjoy the Singleplayer, i am sure it will be fun.

Last edited:
I'm in disbelief it's the month bannerlord is supposed to come out. Checking the devblog almost every thursday for the latest couple years and just waiting years before that. I'm super excited about everything about the game and very positive so far.

Thoroughly disappointed that after all this time, we aren't getting a full game on release. Definitely takes the shine off the release, for me.

Check the combat issues thread linked by Terco a few pages ago for an overall picture.

Sorry but I have no enthusiasm left for this game to put any kind of effort in making a huge list, again, check the combat issues megathread or any of the threads on the combat section to see a lot of the complaints made about the engine, many were fixed, but the overall mechanics wich make the engine and combat unenjoyable are still there, and they are there to stay, but im sure if you are player focused on SP and not paying too much attention to the overall flow of the engine and combat you wont notice or care for many of these, enjoy the Singleplayer, i am sure it will be fun.
If you have no enthusiasm say nothing, you've literally failed to mention to mention a single part of the engine that is broken, only game mechanics people find unenjoyable. Perhaps learn what the word broken means instead of posting baseless defamation.

Yeaah ok... this has nothing to do with the engine

I'm not hyped, I'm worried. The state of the game is much to be desired, there's many combat issues, optimisation has improved but is still meh... We've only received 3 game modes for MP and there's no mod support during EA (though it seems people are smart enough to make mods without tools), it's all a bit of a mess.

I just hope to god SP will be decent for EA release (even with 50% of the features not being implemented) or the forums will be a bomb site filled with insults.

I'm not hyped, I'm worried. The state of the game is much to be desired, there's many combat issues, optimisation has improved but is still meh... We've only received 3 game modes for MP and there's no mod support during EA (though it seems people are smart enough to make mods without tools), it's all a bit of a mess.

I just hope to god SP will be decent for EA release (even with 50% of the features not being implemented) or the forums will be a bomb site filled with insults.
This is what worries me the most, I think once the EA is on I'll leave the forums, the circlejerk around here is annoying and I prefer to play the game with my own perspective instead of being exposed to blinded rage of forumites

If you scroll to the bottom right of the OP, it tells you when it was last edited. The post date means only that, the day it was posted. That does not mean however that it hasn't changed... because it has.

I'm aware but the information about the progress that they've made is pretty limited. If you go to the individual threads about the issues it seems as though they've made some progress.

Back
Top Bottom