Maps Design & AI Strategies

Users who are viewing this thread

Madeloc

Regular
Poor & Poor.

Calvary charges in forest and mountain doesn't and cannot exist. Simple question of common sense.

That kills the game. Simply, shortly, efficiently.

Don't they already struggle in forests? (They keep hitting trees, enough time for your spearman and archers to hit them) and i am sure they don't charge high elevations, they almost "walk" up slopes

Not ours (units) lol
Also, the game has always priority on the player, you cannot hit anything, because there is always one of your allies coming, missing the (your) target, and blocking your attack :smile:
The contrary is not true - you take all hits.
But that's a detail in such a game. Thinking comes fisrt lol

After rethinking the thing about maps, all maps are ok for small engagements, but for large armies, forests remain a nightmare.
Need room to see, to move, etc

This is something i called attention to a long time ago -simply the AI needs to care about where it chooses to fight on the world map. Just that in of itself would amp up the strategy level of game astronomically. Right now it feels like Pac Man on the world map where as in reality -choice of terrain compared to troop makeup were paramount in historical military commanders decisions on when and where to engage in Battle

Maybe with the terrain feature they are cooking we might get better battlefields :smile:
But anyway, a battle in 5 acts, like a few minutes ago (1300 vs 1200) has no sense.
If you send troops chasing archers, they will die in ennemy reinforcements,
If you don't send them, you let their archers make their law :wink: which is unacceptable :smile:
Plus I like the IA of those sh**ts menavliatons, those guys muse use too much red bull, their moves in every directions, making them more hard to hit is a non sense too :smile:
Well I avoid so large battles when I can, a battle in one act is more interesting and not BIASED.

Last edited:
Moderation :smile:
Well that's mainly the combat phase which is a catastrophe with large armies, but all the rest, concepts, lore of this game is very cool. A lot of things have been thought about, and that's very ok :smile:

But anyway, a battle in 5 acts, like a few minutes ago (1300 vs 1200) has no sense.
If you send troops chasing archers, they will die in ennemy reinforcements,
If you don't send them, you let their archers make their law :wink: which is unacceptable :smile:
Plus I like the IA of those sh**ts menavliatons, those guys muse use too much red bull, their moves in every directions, making them more hard to hit is a non sense too :smile:
Well I avoid so large battles when I can, a battle in one act is more interesting and not BIASED.
Oh i know what you mean, this is what i do, provoke an attack with my ranged unites, if he doesn't respond, then i will tell my horse archers to follow me and camp near his cavalry to limit his mobility.
Then advance with my troops bash him from all sides with cav and footman until they semi rout that's when you tell all your troops to fall back, i think it: 0 -> F1 -> F5. Organize your troops closer to your side (Note that there will be losses but it is far less then what you will lose from a disorganized army getting picked off) and final blow. At this point even if the reinforcements arrive, yours would arrive sooner and you have the fight in the bag.
They are working on a new way for combat and spawn points, personally i would prefer troops would come in from the edge of the map, i hate it when out of nowhere i find myself in the middle of a cluster of their troops.
One other thing you can do to punish a defensive lord is, whittle his troops down with archers and xbowmen and pull back, retreat. start the fight again until there is one stage of the fight. It is realistic in my opinion and a way to use your firepower superiority. (I only do this when he mega turtles and doesn't wanna move, it is fair to punish an extremist :p)

I've noticed the Sturgian castles have a fence just free floating to the left of the gate when you walk in. It is floating mid air parallel to the doorway as you walk into the tower.
2puv6zv.jpg

Back
Top Bottom