Users who are viewing this thread

Good day my fellow wanderers,

These maps show what each village produces, which town they prefer to trade with, and which fief they're a part of. I believe they can provide a better understanding of the global "geo-economics" of Calradia, but you tell me. I personally put them to good use in my current merchant playthrough, when I need to plan trade ventures, find good workshop placements, predict border changes, ...

Game version: 1.0.2

You can download these maps in higher quality here. You can use/edit/share them however you like, no need to ask, please just give me credit. They were created through a lot of manual surveying and with the most valuable help of this post from fellow user @Vesper_. If you want to make your own map, you will find the necessary resources there, but you will also need these updated files.

Original post:
Previous title: [MAPS] 1.7.0 Physical, Political, Trade goods

When I started playing Bannerlord, I had a hard time processing this big new continent, so I made a few maps. I hope you find them useful.

Many thanks to @Vesper_ whose work saved me A LOT of time.

You can find a higher resolution version of these maps here.

You can use/share/edit these however you like, please just give me credit.

You can expect updates as the game evolves.

Last edited:
Without detracting from the work done by Vesper_ I have to say that this update is of exceptional quality and pampering. My congratulations for this great artistic work @Zamensis .

giphy.gif

These are great! Really makes me wish we could get some toggleable map views in the game to show stuff like borders, resource nodes, typical trade highways (pulled from the AI patching network) and so on.

Nice looking Physical map.

This has nothing to do with OPs work, but does it not strike anyone else like Calradia's topography is highly unsound, geologically? That is not how Mountains work. It reminds me of Middle Earth's map, just not as obviously bad.

middle-earth-lines-text-740x555.jpg

(not my picture)

cool maps, especially the trade one. i have a general question about trade: do villagers only go to the 1 town they are linked to? what about the villages that are linked to a castle, where do they go to trade?

This has nothing to do with OPs work, but does it not strike anyone else like Calradia's topography is highly unsound, geologically? That is not how Mountains work. It reminds me of Middle Earth's map, just not as obviously bad.

(not my picture)
For the entirety of development a much more simple, natural map was used, which you can find on the MB fan wikipedia. Saw the current one first time on release. I am not a fan of this one. Too many mountains, chokepoints and impassable terrain. Probably a last minute design decision...

Sure, however I never felt like you were supposed to take Calradia seriously, unlike Middle Earth. M&B has that light-hearted, almost humorous tone similar to children's stories, and I don't mind it, quite the contrary. It reminds me of the maps I used to make as a kid.

cool maps, especially the trade one. i have a general question about trade: do villagers only go to the 1 town they are linked to? what about the villages that are linked to a castle, where do they go to trade?
One town only. Villages that are linked to a castle go for the closest friendly town, which can lead to some funny situations.

For the entirety of development a much more simple, natural map was used, which you can find on the MB fan wikipedia. Saw the current one first time on release. I am not a fan of this one. Too many mountains, chokepoints and impassable terrain. Probably a last minute design decision...
Not sure what to think of the impassable terrain. On one hand it annoys me a lot in my travels (in part because you can't always tell what is impassable), on the other hand I think they add a unique tactical identity to each and every corner of the map. Granted, it does feel rushed. Could've been done much better.

(not my picture)
Doubtful they spent over a minute considering the plate tectonics and the general feasibility of their map. The map pretty much fails at the gameplay side as well though, so once again we might need a moder with a clear head to rework the campaign map.

When I started playing Bannerlord, I had a hard time processing this big new continent, so I made a few maps. I hope you find them useful.
Great stuff man! I am liking the trade goods one especially, gotta get those horses cheap and sell them for big bucks :smile:

Back
Top Bottom