Map travel speed

Users who are viewing this thread

uly

Sergeant at Arms
Anyone worked out the ratio for ideal pack horse vs inventory?  Is the cargo slowdown per weight or per slot?

I don't know the ratio, but the weight definitely matters. I am slowed down more by 8 pieces of iron than by a full inventory of swords and loot. If I'm trading, I usually have 4-5 horses in inventory and just my 8 companions.
I'd also like to know if a bigger party is not slowed down by weight as much as a small party (which would make sense)

Macelaru said:
I don't know the ratio, but the weight definitely matters. I am slowed down more by 8 pieces of iron than by a full inventory of swords and loot. If I'm trading, I usually have 4-5 horses in inventory and just my 8 companions.
I'd also like to know if a bigger party is not slowed down by weight as much as a small party (which would make sense)
Hmm, it would be pretty complicated to test.  In my experience, bigger parties are much slower to begin with.  I don't think your party share the burden with you.

I typically play a fast all-cav party, and I don't trade much, for me the biggest slow down factor is definitely the party size.  I generally keep about a dozen pack horses, but I have no idea what's ideal.  Tweaking with the horses/cargo ratio give about +/-1 speed difference.

Loot adds no weight, only food and trade goods.  Weight adds a speed penalty, horses (any horses, even lame ones) in inventory reduce that penalty.  Without weight, horses add a small penalty of their own.  Someone did do a very careful study of this for M&B, buggered if I can remember who though.  Forum search, or dig through the last few pages of my posts, I recently commented in his thread that it still looked like good advice for Warband.

wow :eek: 1st time i know that putting horse in inventory help your speed. btw, do horse quality make any different?

No. Lame horses will not affect the formula for computing the map speed.

On a side note concerning horses. With a decent wound treatment skill I always purchase lame
horses that will be either reserve mounts or pack horses to save some denars.  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom