Map Projection

Users who are viewing this thread

Trooper5445

Master Knight
Your favorite?
Why?
Comments on the supposed "racism" of the Mercator projection. Stupidity of the Gall-Peters. I'm sure Arch has something he wants to say.

I have no opinion on this subject, so here's a picture of a bunny with a pancake on its head.

Bunny_with_a_Pancake_on_Its_Head.ashx

The method used to represent a sphere (Earth) on a 2-d piece of paper (a map).

My thoughts exactly, Corpsey.

Sci-fi style 3d holographic maps?

EDIT: **** you mage.

EDIT: **** you Corpsey.

See, if I was European and you were Americans, I'd take this opportunity to make some snarky (and ultimately stupid) comment about the American education system. But, since I'm smart enough to realize that most people forget about stuff like map projection after they're no longer tested on it, I don't feel the need. That's just something that occurred to me. :razz:

Ursca likes Werner cordiform projections, Craig retroazimuthal projections and Tobler hyperelliptical pseudocylindrical projections for their haunting moos
and the fact that it is far less distorted than the Hammer retroazimuthal pseudocylindrical projection which was a massive oversight.

Sir Bommel said:
Well english isn´t my native language so I can live with that grammatical failure. :razz:

Goddamn those weak verbs, eh?

I like the Homolosine projection, partly because it's confusing to old people.

Ursca said:
Ursca likes Werner cordiform projections, Craig retroazimuthal projections and Tobler hyperelliptical pseudocylindrical projections for their haunting moos
and the fact that it is far less distorted than the Hammer retroazimuthal pseudocylindrical projection which was a massive oversight.
I like the Werner, due to it leading to a (more or less) heart-shaped world. I guess I must harbour a hidden romantic--can it be cured by surgery?

Otherwise, I prefer a globe. Much more accurate than your projections :razz:

Back
Top Bottom