Map of Calradia 1084 (January 2021)

Users who are viewing this thread

@Vesper_ hey man, i put it in my own thread but wanted to share my road idea here with you. since it is your map. Had a big write up of how it should all work. but in general, Calradia needs a road system :smile:

Roads on physical map.
sIpYsY5.jpg

Roads on political map.
Mc321LT.png
Thanks for sharing. (y)

These maps are very nice and all, but I think they're missing a very important and useful part of the campaign map, which is a detailed map of every movement restriction. The most important aspect of this are the mountains which block your movement entirely but having sub layers that detail forests, snow(based off season) and other movement slowing terrain would also be useful.

I also found some of the political borders at the edges to be rather weird. There are places that you can freely travel to on the campaign map which lie outside of the political map borders fabricated for this map. Even if you don't want to include them in the political borders for aesthetic reasons, it would still be useful to show the limits of where you can go practical purposes as a sub-layer.

That said, I REALLY like these maps and they are really awesome, I just wish that they provided a bit more useful information.

These maps are very nice and all, but I think they're missing a very important and useful part of the campaign map, which is a detailed map of every movement restriction. The most important aspect of this are the mountains which block your movement entirely but having sub layers that detail forests, snow(based off season) and other movement slowing terrain would also be useful.

I also found some of the political borders at the edges to be rather weird. There are places that you can freely travel to on the campaign map which lie outside of the political map borders fabricated for this map. Even if you don't want to include them in the political borders for aesthetic reasons, it would still be useful to show the limits of where you can go practical purposes as a sub-layer.

That said, I REALLY like these maps and they are really awesome, I just wish that they provided a bit more useful information.
Thanks for feedback, about forests and mountains, I thought about it, but since the developers have not yet completed the map, and it will change, I decided not to do it yet, since it will take a lot of time to study every corner of the map, and it will be hard to track changes when they update it, I will most likely do it when the game gets to the release.

About borders at the edges (if I understood correctly), in some places they too far away from towns and it will be weird too. I wanted to make fair and actual borders of every faction, I didnt made borders of the world itself, but yes, I agree it can confuse some people and they will think that this is borders of the world. I will make them more wide in the next version, but still, they will not represent borders of the world.

Also, when modding tools appear, maybe with their help it will be easier to make different layers with forest, snow, etc.

Last edited:
Calradia 1084
If you want to use it somewhere, use it freely, just pm me about it and leave my credits :xf-wink:
It will be updated if changes appear.

Additional Info:
Bannerlord (Early Access, April 2020):
  • 53 Towns.
  • 67 Castles.
  • 272 Villages.
  • 392 Total.
Warband (for comparison):
  • 22 Towns.
  • 48 Castles.
  • 110 Villages.
  • 180 Total.

Original size: link
fXNvJ14.jpg

Bright version:
Original size: link
uR956vW.png

.PDN with all layers: link

Outdated version (Gamescom 2019):
Towns, Villages and Castles names, based on heatmap from Dev Blog 28/02/19, screenshots and gameplays from gamescom, adjusted with information from beta files.

Map:
WqY6lJ4.png

Bright scheme:
rwFo1iH.png

Number of settlements:

Bannerlord
53 Towns
67 castles
267 villages
387 total

Warband (for comparison)
22 Towns
48 Castles
110 Villages
180 total

Old versions (will delete them later, when map will be finished):

Layers:
I will upload them when map will be finished. ?
(Only terrain for now)
Terrain (February 2019) 777x519
kSNaRtp.png
Terrain (February 2019) 5104x3409 (same size as map)
DP7qpZ2.png

Special thanks for additional information:

Bende bunu warband için nasıl indiririm Acil cevap lütfen.

I think "Vesper the Cartographer" deserves to be a NPC in the game :wink:
definitely, and you can buy a book (atlas) from him to get a speed bonus.

nice work.
1 thing I would change is de road placement n Sturgia. I would suggest a main coastal road to decrease travel time from east to west. At the moment there are to many detours. This puts Sturgia at a disadvantage.

Time for update!

With help of modding tools I have managed to use navmeshes from world map scene on my map and display mountains, also I remade everything from scratch (again. :iamamoron:) I wanted my map to match with ingame scene size, its means that when Taleworlds update their world map, it will be easier for me to track changes and update map.

Here it is, main post is updated aswell:

Last edited:
Nice !
Though I have to say... it really puts in perspective just how much of the map is made of impassable terrain. That's really excessive.

Nice !
Though I have to say... it really puts in perspective just how much of the map is made of impassable terrain. That's really excessive.
Indeed, the map looks pretty but it's a bit too much railroaded into chokepoints, a few here and there would be nice (like the battanian highlands having chokepoints for ambushes that sadly got removed), warband in contrast was very wide open, think a balance between both would be best with more realistic terrain aswell

Back
Top Bottom