Map of Calradia 1084 (January 2021)

Users who are viewing this thread

DanAngleland said:
Well it had to go, sunor or later.
:???:

Piconi said:
There it is, Suno ( Sunor) was a planned city, but seems they left it out.

8786152200A8E3EB23DA54174B625397D0EF3C97
That UI looks atrocious. I'm glad they dumped it.

84Slashes said:
Piconi said:

I think Seonon is meant to be Suno.
It seems there will be no Suno. Sunor was the first option, but this Seonon is on the place of Dhirim, a little more west than Dhirim, jt has no sence for it to be Suno.

Its like if they placed Sargoth on the place of Reyvadin...

They changed it up a bit and it bothers me ?

Piconi said:
84Slashes said:
Piconi said:

I think Seonon is meant to be Suno.
It seems there will be no Suno. Sunor was the first option, but this Seonon is on the place of Dhirim, a little more west than Dhirim, jt has no sence for it to be Suno.

Its like if they placed Sargoth on the place of Reyvadin...

They changed it up a bit and it bothers me ?

Maybe Suno was founded after the collapse of the Empire. Kings have founded many new cities to immortalise themselves.  :grin:

New cities, lakes and seas vanished, whole ecosystems changed, deserts emerged, existing cities moved 100s od kilometers from original location....all in 200 years, in the middle ages  :grin:

Fortnight said:
unknown.png

Wouldn't it make more sense to put the border at the red line instead?

Well no because the village is directly connected to the town, and castles which have their own village have their own title, and same for towns and their villages - villages wouldn't have their own tile

Is there a city named "Baravenos" anywhere on the map? It is mentioned in the Vlandia devblog and sounds important, pretty much the only city I have seen mentioned with any lore at all.

"He seized the imperial capital of Baravenos and the lands along the coast, and that was how the west was lost to the empire". https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/37

MountAndMemeButterlord said:
Is there a city named "Baravenos" anywhere on the map? It is mentioned in the Vlandia devblog and sounds important, pretty much the only city I have seen mentioned with any lore at all.

"He seized the imperial capital of Baravenos and the lands along the coast, and that was how the west was lost to the empire". https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/37

Baravenos -> Bravenos -> Bravend -> Pravend -> Praven

84Slashes said:

Your invention or have you read it somewhere (I mean, the different steps) ?

It reminds me the university ("Lettres modernes") where we study the evolution of the language from Latin to modern French  :grin:

84Slashes said:

Source? Or is it a theory? I hope this is the case, it adds some more lore.

84Slashes said:

Source? Or is it a theory? I hope this is the case, it adds some more lore.

Not outright confirmed by TW, but I'm 99% sure it's the case.  It's obvious that Pravend in Bannerlord, capital of the Vlandians, on the Western shore of the continent, corresponds to Praven in Warband.  I mentioned on page 2 of this thread that there are other settlements in Bannerlord that seem to be the earlier versions of their Warband counterparts:
Sargot - Sargoth, Pravend - Praven, Galend - Yalen, Jaculan - Jelkala, Varcheg - Wercheg, Oks Hal - Uxhal, Charas - Shariz, Jalmarys - Halmar ?, Tirby Castle - Tihr ?, Druimmor Castle - Dhirim ?, Car Banseth - Curaw ?, Talivel Castle - Veluca ?

The TW team has plenty of history buffs like Armagan and Steve Negus. They're taking inspiration from cities that have changed names over time, many of which happen to be in or around modern day Turkey. E.g. Constantinople-Istanbul, Smyrna-Izmir, Nicaea-Iznik, Caesarea-Kayseri, Thessalonica-Salonika... or further west, Masiilia-Marseilles, Augusta Treverorum-Trier, Lutetia-Paris, Londinium-London... etc.

If I remember correctly Piconi was wondering where Suno had gone in the latest Bannerlord campaign map; in the earliest screenshots of Bannerlord we could see a 'Sunor' roughly where Suno is in Warband, but more recently it's disappeared.  I thought Seonon might have been intended as the Bannerlord version of Suno, but it's too far to the east.

LeChat said:
Your invention or have you read it somewhere (I mean, the different steps) ?

It reminds me the university ("Lettres modernes") where we study the evolution of the language from Latin to modern French  :grin:

Purely my speculation as someone with an interest in the evolution of languages and the in-game lore of Mount and Blade  :smile:

Does anybody counted to compare with warband how much cities and casttles are? because the map dont look so much bigger than warband as they promiced, but for sure have more settlements.

Back
Top Bottom