Map misplacements

Users who are viewing this thread

What we saw from Gamescom 2019 footage, we had warband's map slightly adjusted with the rest of calradia expanded. In this EA build for example, it seems the devs have completely forgot that warband existed, placing big mountains and rivers wildly where they wasn't last year and not in the gamescom footage and major towns representing Warband towns are in the completely wrong place. Osc Hall (which is Uxkhall) is much further north and no where near the major warband river and Sargot (which is Sargoth) is the other end of the map, much further south which makes completely no sense. I wouldn't bother as much if you weren't going off warband's geography, nor using warband's towns but you are and completely misplacing them - could we see a fix with this please.

Last edited:
I was just wondering too after seeing Varcheg(Wercheg), Sargot should be next to it but it is far away, somewhere in the direction toward to the Aserai Deserts.
Because EA or for what reason?

Taleworlds I apologize for some peoples comments in the technical support section. This is clearly not a bug and I personally think the map looks fantastic. Mount and Blade: Warband used the original Mount and Blade Town Names, did they change the map and geography of locales and cities in Warband... yes they did. Please allow Taleworlds to use their artistic licence.

Taleworlds I apologize for some peoples comments in the technical support section. This is clearly not a bug and I personally think the map looks fantastic. Mount and Blade: Warband used the original Mount and Blade Town Names, did they change the map and geography of locales and cities in Warband... yes they did. Please allow Taleworlds to use their artistic licence.
Can you stop sucking their **** please? The question was legitimate and answering it would help a lot of people.

Loool???? I wouldn't have any complaints if they weren't using names which are obvious predecessors of warband's towns l/they've said they are the case and they weren't in previous and rather recent builds (see gamescom 2019 build)

A lot of time passes between the events of Bannerlord and Warband. Cities can fall and be rebuilt elsewhere, or be abandoned and re-established for any number of reasons like trade routes shifting or borders changing. Or maybe they just felt it looked better aesthetically?
In all likelihood the cities of Warband might not even be the same as the ones in Bannerlord. They might just share similar names.

I agree, I found it odd that locations were misplaced and that the map was changed. I think it was for gameplay reasons. Sturgia for example seemed pretty spread out and thin. But still, I don't see why they couldn't keep some the location's names that weren't moved too much true to Warband...

OK, if you want to change the layout of cities so badly, then why don't you want to return the Khergit steppe instead of the Battania forests and mountains? Because it was "In the great Warband, developers are not inspired by canon!"

OK, if you want to change the layout of cities so badly, then why don't you want to return the Khergit steppe instead of the Battania forests and mountains? Because it was "In the great Warband, developers are not inspired by canon!"
Because those cities are a direct ancestor from Warband. Steppes and land mass names are a bit different (it could be argued that they should also be the same, if you look at how it is done historically - but at the same time it isn't worth really arguing over something that insignificant), it wasn't my point. Especially how it earlier designs, even in Gamescom as said it was laid out with the names a bit different, this world is the same contient to Warband's, just expanded east - and developers have acknowledged that the warband's general location is on this map too. I find just drastically changing town locations and general terrain of the world to something which isn't roughly how your sequel (in canon sense) is, it causes confusion and questions.

Because those cities are a direct ancestor from Warband. Steppes and land mass names are a bit different (it could be argued that they should also be the same, if you look at how it is done historically - but at the same time it isn't worth really arguing over something that insignificant), it wasn't my point. Especially how it earlier designs, even in Gamescom as said it was laid out with the names a bit different, this world is the same contient to Warband's, just expanded east - and developers have acknowledged that the warband's general location is on this map too. I find just drastically changing town locations and general terrain of the world to something which isn't roughly how your sequel (in canon sense) is, it causes confusion and questions.
and developers have acknowledged that the warband's general location is on this map too
As for me nothing needs to be altered.

Back
Top Bottom