Map making with WarbandMapManager. Half Denmark disappearing

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello! So I,m currently working on a mod for Mount & Blade Warband that takes place in Scandinavia. I,m using this tutorial to make the map but I ran into an issue. After implementing my colormap into the map manager I noticed that the Sweden and Denmark is connected even if the water is quite clear in the color map. Also most of Denmark is gone. This is the color map I made and this is my result.

Thanks for help!

Hello! So I,m currently working on a mod for Mount & Blade Warband that takes place in Scandinavia. I,m using this tutorial to make the map but I ran into an issue. After implementing my colormap into the map manager I noticed that the Sweden and Denmark is connected even if the water is quite clear in the color map. Also most of Denmark is gone. This is the color map I made and this is my result.

Thanks for help!
The importer on Thorgrim’s Map Editor determines the predominant colour/terrain for each triangle. If go go from a high resolution colour map to a very low resolution warband map, you are asking for trouble. It works best with one pixel in the colour map for each triangle in the warband map to avoid confusion. I recommend you reduce the resolution of your colour map and reimport it.

The importer on Thorgrim’s Map Editor determines the predominant colour/terrain for each triangle. If go go from a high resolution colour map to a very low resolution warband map, you are asking for trouble. It works best with one pixel in the colour map for each triangle in the warband map to avoid confusion. I recommend you reduce the resolution of your colour map and reimport it.

What resolution do you recommend me using? I was told in the tutorial to use a high res picture

As I said: 1 pixel in the colour map for 1 triangle in your warband map.
If your warband map is say 400x400 triangles, use 400x400 pixels in your colour map.
I don’t know what map size you’ve specified in Thorgrims configuration file.

Oh yeah I misunderstood. Thanks

As I said: 1 pixel in the colour map for 1 triangle in your warband map.
If your warband map is say 400x400 triangles, use 400x400 pixels in your colour map.
I don’t know what map size you’ve specified in Thorgrims configuration file.

So I changed the Warband map to MapWidth=1200 and MapHeight=960 but there is no difference

Oh. I figured out that I have to make a new map before importing my own map to get the new size. It's better now. I ran into another issue though. I saw in the tutorial that I could move the red border (the one deciding how far on the map you can go) by by clicking on the castle icon on the bottom left and then click and drag the border. That doesn't work though. I suppose I either misunderstand it, its a bug or some setting that I can change? Anyone that knows? I suppose I could just randomly change the numbers in the module.ini by trial and error but that would never be as precise, so it would be nice if I someone was able to help solve my editor issue.

Oh. I figured out that I have to make a new map before importing my own map to get the new size. It's better now. I ran into another issue though. I saw in the tutorial that I could move the red border (the one deciding how far on the map you can go) by by clicking on the castle icon on the bottom left and then click and drag the border. That doesn't work though. I suppose I either misunderstand it, its a bug or some setting that I can change? Anyone that knows? I suppose I could just randomly change the numbers in the module.ini by trial and error but that would never be as precise, so it would be nice if I someone was able to help solve my editor issue.
Occasionally the border movements get bugged. Normally, changing the numbers in module.ini to something approximately correct and reloading, unbugs it, allowing movement of the borders again in the editor. Also, remember the B key in selection mode toggles map bounds on and off.

Occasionally the border movements get bugged. Normally, changing the numbers in module.ini to something approximately correct and reloading, unbugs it, allowing movement of the borders again in the editor. Also, remember the B key in selection mode toggles map bounds on and off.

I tried changing it to 200 and -200 but still cant drag and drop. I suppose I have to just try and error until I find something decent

Back
Top Bottom