MP Map+Faction Rotation Polls

Users who are viewing this thread

Piconi

Fashionista
Community Manager
Hoping the developers will eventually implement perpetual Siege, meaning the rotation of the map and factions would happen without kicking players out of the server, it would be a perfect opportunity to implement end-game polls, where players could vote for the following map and factions, hopping right into the next game without being kicked like it is now.

This would not be limited to Siege, but I see that mode having the most benefit out of this potential feature, I imagined it with a smaller scoreboard (the current one is too big) and when the ongoing siege ends, for the UI to go into something like this, where you would have multiple clickable and scrollable choices:

-2wMG.png

Let me know how you would feel about this feature, and it would be great if some developers could chime in and tell us if this is doable and/or desirable on their/company`s part.

Completely agree! Though i do feel that later on polls should be a thing just like it was in warband.

+1
You've become quite adept at Battlefield lately :lol:. As long as there are >3 maps to choose from, perfect.

Brilliant system, would work perfectly with a perpetual server. The design of how choosing the factions and map is beautiful too, hope it gets a good look and implementation.

Just like in Rising Storm 2, a next map vote would be awesome. Not sure about factions though, because people would probably abuse it by always pushing for pairs that disadvantage one side.

A map vote at the end of every Siege round that lasts for 60 seconds would be great.

Not sure about factions though, because people would probably abuse it by always pushing for pairs that disadvantage one side.
I tought about that, that some of those that prefer to play as attackers will choose strong attacking and a weak defending side, but some of those that want to play as defenders on the next map will choose the other way arround, add to that those that will choose impartially, or a roleplaying pair of factions, the total sum might even balance itself out that way.

Another option of doing it (while having an actual choice) might be just everyone voting for 1 next faction, and the 2 factions with the most votes be the winners, the one with the higher amount of votes attacking, while in the case of a tie, attacker/defender position would be random.

Maps should deffinitely have a vote, im just thinking here how to have some influence over next map's factions other than the old : "to vote for change of factions, press 1", and have them random, excluding the previous 2 that were just played.

I'm still not actually sure myself why the server reboots after every game. It is extremely inconvenient for players, and if anything, just increases the chances that the game they just played will be their last of that session (much easier to say, ah go on, I will play one more round if you are still in the server).

I'd also like to see some nice faction and map voting system like this to go along with it.

@Klebari @AVRC @cuce @NIN3

I think there should be 1 offical line for all combinations at maps/factions, and one uniqe line with votes by players. Vote for a map/faction and play, next is from offical rotation, and the next from votes, and next offical..Repeats..

If all maps/factions sticks to votes(players) we may barely play some combinations.

I think there should be 1 offical line for all combinations at maps/factions, and one uniqe line with votes by players. Vote for a map/faction and play, next is from offical rotation, and the next from votes, and next offical..Repeats..

If all maps/factions sticks to votes(players) we may barely play some combinations.
But then you would be able to play the 1 particular map+factions combination only once before its being repeated till eternity every few cycles.

By some kind of faction voting, there would be many more possible combinations, at least untill we have so many maps, that every faction has its culture's castles to defend against every other faction, that we would get by having at least 30 maps (and that's excluding mirror matches), which is a long way to go for now.

You could get away with just having 6 maps for starters ( every faction had its own culture's castle as a defender), while the attackers be random each time, but that would be merely a half solution IMO.

I'm glad the ideas keep popping up, any kind of a voting system would be an upgrade.

It is a nice idea to expand onto but for now we need all maps and all factions played equally in rotation to get reliable data to make sure they are balanced.

For example it would be cool to have multi mapped siege assaults where attackers pick where to attack next after they win a map etc.

It is a nice idea to expand onto but for now we need all maps and all factions played equally in rotation to get reliable data to make sure they are balanced.

For example it would be cool to have multi mapped siege assaults where attackers pick where to attack next after they win a map etc.
Ooohhh!! That sounds great fun! A round based siege game across multiple maps! Please please please!!!

Would be great if the attackers / defenders could get some advantage for winning the previous map decisively (more gold or more time perhaps). Sounds great!

This is, of course, a suggestion for when we are in a stable and balanced state of the servers/maps/factions.

Also have an option to choose team 1 and team 2, and make it random so that team 1 won't be always be attacker while the other is always defending.

So it's like a gamble, you would never know which factions would be defenders and which one would be attackers this could help with voting abuse.

Back
Top Bottom