Map design and balance in Captain mode - Town map is very unbalanced

Users who are viewing this thread

While I am sure the developers are working on balancing the factions for MP captain mode there is a big difference when it comes to map design and how it affects the factions. Ideally the two factions matched against each other would have some sort of even ground or some real chance of winning on either side so everyone would have fun but currently 9 times out of 10 you can tell which side will win the Town map just by looking at the faction names.

The reason why the town map is very different from the rest is because it is closed, it leaves little room for cavalry and there are only a few spots where archers can be used properly so it usually comes down to which factions have better two handed units which is very unbalanced. Khuzait for example for this very reason is at the bottom of the factions on Town map and will have a very very big chance of losing any match there.

I think Town map should be removed in the future and hopefully only mostly open maps are made for captain mode. Balance among two sides in captain mode is very important and I hope developers see it that way as well.

I want just open maps without objectives for the most part like in NW and have more players. Maybe throw up a flag somewhere to force a clash toward the end of the round just like it eliminates down to one flag now.

I don't think the map should be removed for the reason of balance, but the factions should be balanced. Since the beta they are working hard on this, however with the addition of a second perk it has become a little harder for them. Since they added it (december 2019) they haven't gotten to faction balance much. Hopefully in the near future they will get to it, but untill then fingers-crossed crossed you get sturgia/battania/vlandia :smile:.

This got a dev response in another thread. (Don't remember which one.)

Hopefully we will get Syllianon + Battania changes soon, the two main problems with Captain at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom