Map Copyright?

Users who are viewing this thread

So nothing is allowed to be them given to, either, it was done for years now and now suddenly it's forbidden which players are used to?

Well, it was practiced for a long time, indeed. Apparently it was not allowed the whole time so let's start fresh in conjunction with these rules.

Maybe a bit radical especially considering that you cannot appeal to possible donators with cosmetic benefits, but it is clear now and I think everyone can agree on these terms.

So thanks to Duh for taking time out of his day to clarify this for the community in a professional way. I think you might want to add this to the registration agreement for the Forum and make an public announcement for everyone in this community so it is not only relatable to the Persistent World mod but everything that is created within this community.

Captain Conner said:
You can still ask for donations, but you can't give anything in return. It's only a rule on the forum though.
Ye that's going to be a good start. Let's just ignore what we together archived in this topic and continue with the old foul ways. You are **** incurably, my god.

Bridge_Troll said:
Well, it was practiced for a long time, indeed. Apparently it was not allowed the whole time so let's start fresh in conjunction with these rules.

Maybe a bit radical especially considering that you cannot appeal to possible donators with cosmetic benefits, but it is clear now and I think everyone can agree on these terms.

So thanks to Duh for taking time out of his day to clarify this for the community in a professional way. I think you might want to add this to the registration agreement for the Forum and make an public announcement for everyone in this community so it is not only relatable to the Persistent World mod but everything that is created within this community.

Captain Conner said:
You can still ask for donations, but you can't give anything in return. It's only a rule on the forum though.
Ye that's going to be a good start. Let's just ignore what we together archived in this topic and continue with the old foul ways. You are **** incurably, my god.

You should set the example and remove all the donator rewards from that server you are affiliated with.

ff0cce53e0c25e5f7c35c654fd418ea9.png

Captain Conner said:
You should set the example and remove all the donator rewards from that server you are affiliated with.

ff0cce53e0c25e5f7c35c654fd418ea9.png

I am convinced that Phoenix administration will follow these new terms and conditions. I won't be able to tell that for you as you seem to ignore even an official administrator. How can someone be so deluded and arrogant is beyond me.

Do you actually agree on these new terms?

Captain Conner said:
Bridge_Troll said:

Captain Conner said:

You should set the example and remove all the donator rewards from Phoenix.

I think you need to be reminded that Bridge Troll is all but a wrinkle old retired staff. You should probably address concerns about Phoenix primarily to William or Avenger, but from what Duh posted prior it does indeed look like it's being looked into already and will likely be resolved before the end of the month considering it's nature.

I do think though you need to be a tad less hostile. Though you may not agree 100% with this ruling (I certainly dislike some of the effects it may have), it would be best out of politeness to respect this ruling and comply with it pronto (and not try to throw childish threats like others have done in this topic).

How can someone be so deluded and arrogant is beyond me.

This isn't a discussion about how you feel about me, although I find it very flattering.

Do you actually agree on these new terms?

It was never about whether I agree or not, I was simply stating the facts.

But I do agree to the rules of the forum, although I do think that discussion could have been avoided if Taleworlds did a better job communicating what their rules are instead of suddenly informing everyone that what they are doing is against the rules.

While this will create certain problems for Phoenix administration, we will act accordingly to these new guidelines set by Taleworlds and remove any and all irregularities.

So we finally get word how the rules are and the first thing you do is to point out that these rules vicinity is only this forum. Of course you are not implying that you could still do whatever you want on your own website. :shifty:

What facts have you stated? You tell me to set an example while I urged and tried to bring this topic to a constructive result to benefit everyone. That is just rude. And all that while I am not even an admin on Phoenix anymore.

At least you formally agree on these terms, that's all what this topic should archive, that we all together build and use creations from this community on an even level.

Waidmannsheil

domipoppe said:
So nothing is allowed to be them given to, either, it was done for years now and now suddenly it's forbidden which players are used to?
Its always been forbidden even so by Vornne himself ill have to reread the ms agreement.
That it went unreported is a different story.

Bridge_Troll said:
So we finally get word how the rules are and the first thing you do is to point out that these rules vicinity is only this forum. Of course you are not implying that you could still do whatever you want on your own website. :shifty:

What facts have you stated? You tell me to set an example while I urged and tried to bring this topic to a constructive result to benefit everyone. That is just rude. And all that while I am not even an admin on Phoenix anymore.

At least you formally agree on these terms, that's all what this topic should archive, that we all together build and use creations fore/from this community on an even level.

Waidmannsheil

domipoppe said:
As others have said... it wasn't allowed prior to this either. I agree that, ideally, Taleworlds would have clarified all this from the get-go, but at least we received a swift response now that the community has inquired. I will also note that this discussion will likely lead to a better handling of such matters for Bannerlord.

Lastly, you can still ask for donations and reward supporters with previews/direct discussions/involvement in development/etc - from my understanding of the terms. Look to various patreons for inspiration.

Captain Conner said:
It may have consequences beyond the forum, though that is up to Taleworlds. (Server blacklisting/Legal measures if available/applicable.)

Maybe a bit radical especially considering that you cannot appeal to possible donators with cosmetic benefits
While we may not be opposed to the idea in principle, the issue is enforcing "just cosmetic" benefits. Just look at how difficult permissions are already - despite being a much clearer matter.

-----

@All - Please do not get into any fights or blame each other. The rules were unclear for a long time, let's forgive past mistakes and move forward without unnecessary drama.

Captain Conner said:
I pointed out that the idea of copyright on Warband, in this case, does not exist. Whether it is morally correct is a different story.
I disagree. I consider this to be your personal opinion. It is not a fact, quite the opposit, copyright does exists out of mutual human respect. But you would probably consider this to be my own opinion, which finally erases any need for further discussion as it is quite literally pointless:
Duh said:
@All - Please do not get into any fights or blame each other. The rules were unclear for a long time, let's forgive past mistakes and move forward without unnecessary drama.
Therefore agreed.

The topic was solved, everyone can part ways now again, hopefully with these new conditions in the back of his mind.

Thank you for clearing up the situation. I suppose these rules apply to all Warband servers and Warband modifications (and DLCs like NWs) as well?  In this case, once these rules are definitely set in stone, you may want to post an announcement in the Warband section to inform all server owners to enforce these rules on their servers.

We will do so, possibly with further guidelines on general conduct. Depending on the inquiries and feedback here, we may also rephrase some of the wording.

Duh said:
We will do so, possibly with further guidelines on general conduct. Depending on the inquiries and feedback here, we may also rephrase some of the wording.

Make sure you include it in the installer, so you have to press the "I agree" button. Otherwise you will keep having the same discussion.

Captain Conner said:
Duh said:

Make sure you include it in the installer, so you have to press the "I agree" button. Otherwise you will keep having the same discussion.
I have suggested as much, but that is a matter for TW. The forum is a benelovent dictatorship anywho.  :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom