[Map] Bastion (Updated, 17/06/2016) PW4.5

Users who are viewing this thread

xombie5

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Bastion

Features
  • 3 Factions, each with their own specialties, unique fiefs and playstyle
    Each fortress should be a very different experience to fight around - and the terrain in the surrounding areas is meant to play a large part in your war.
    Also the multiple&optional flag feature of pwmod is very important here - you will need 2-3 flags to take each fief.
  • Powerful Outlaw potential
  • A (hopefully) working trade economy
  • No Teleports
  • Good Framerate* [Keep in mind the screenshots were taken on a laptop with no dedicated gpu, at moderately high quality in edit mode]
  • A detailed, scenic world [As detailed as i am willing to get with it without sacrificing FPS]
  • I've tried to make every resource a relevant and viable economic career choice

Screenshots
(taken on a laptop with no gpu - framerate is actually good)​

E59178ACB4E3719DC23FECB26CD8100774821089
D95266DD66D9F6197E211624F7BD499F1369008B
1A76B50817812510CAE1DA8A3CB0A2F499F504EA
F802B1F1291C7ABE4478ED7D5DF38CEAFAAD4FF4
380E209C4701EC660261BE24FFAF6FE520A5DDD7
3508B6D2EBE5F27C666CE13AF555B5340C14A1B3
3A20842471916DF4A5785C27DE116F85D0F05535

Scene Code & Download

scn_scene_3 scene_3 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x0000000130000500000d2348000023ff000065bc00006fcb
outer_terrain_beach

https://mega.nz/#!oc5S3LSa!UbifI0YGSYxh7XAAlMVd3E6ydmb8ivl2DDsub_dwb1k

OR

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a172it30jvzgf6c/Bastion_PW4-5.zip

PW 4.5
Finally got access to a higher resolution, so the colour tools are no longer locked off to me - painted the ground a bit, tried to make horses more accessible and fixed a couple of clipping issues with walls.

Feel free to ask any questions or request changes for your server.
Obviously also feel free to use it, you don't *have* to ask, but i would appreciate being informed.
Also feel free to make any changes you want yourself, however credits must be given and you *must* let me know.
You don't need my permission, but you do have to let me know.
Failure to do so is a **** move.

xombie5 said:
In theory this all runs very smoothly - im just not sure if the playerbase has the brain power to move resources around the map - do they? if not someone let me know what they think... since it would suck for me to finish everything thinking this will work if it wont.

At first, no. However, if they can make a profit doing so they will do it. They won't spend money to move resources. A serf will simply make the long run to sell at a different stockpile.

I'm thinking about putting this map on my Server that will be active within the next few days if it all goes to plan. I will put a forum post about the server once I have talked with all the other future admins. I hope it is ok if I use this map on my server as it looks great and it would be a shame not to use it

Very nicely made map. I am sure it will be a lot of fun for players who want to simply try out new maps, because the same old maps in PW is not such a great solution. The more maps there will be made by this community, the more fun we will all have :smile:

The Bowman said:
Have you ever thought about updating some of your older maps which were made for PW 3.5?

Ehm, well - not my first one - that was shiiiiiiit. At the time i didnt even know you could move stuff around with G or scale it with the mouse, i placed everything with coordinates and rotated it that way too ¬.¬ boy that sucked.

As for my others, i have actually - yeah. although my terrain skillz then were awful, and so if i was going to i would probably remake it from scratch. i did start on a couple but they were just too bad, so it *probably* wont happen though. I think i have improved tremendously over the years, so any of my old stuff i see almost makes me gag and blush with shame.

RealmHawk said:
What it felt like looking at those screenshots:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDl8ZPm3GrU

Thanks, feelzgoodman.

Man, I was even worse. When I first discovered the scene editor, I had no idea that you can elevate buildings (which is known as the famous T key), so this called for inventive, yet desperate measures. Thus, I always elevated the ground to the point when it would make the prop fit as I first planned. If I happened to get the axes wrong (since I had no idea about the X, Y, Z keys), I used to delete the prop, restart the scene (because of the damn collision) and place it again.

I still remember when I placed my first ever building in the scene editor. I totally felt like a pro.

Now, when I remember all these things, I cannot help but chuckle.

I'll try it out on my server :grin:

Log 1:
-Looks really nice so far
-The mine reminds me of valley of swamps
-Hilariously huge stockpiles and a amazing looking bucket of water with a smoothie smooth feel
-Strategically placed barricades on the cliff edges are useful

I usually dont like other peoples scenes because they lack such a huge part of what scening is supose to create for player aesthetically. The scene is suppose to feel like a real, breathing looking world and i must say from these screen shots atleast, the scene looks great. Its the kind of detail i would put in my own scenes good job and ill be look forward to editing it for fun!

inter17 said:
I usually dont like other peoples scenes because they lack such a huge part of what scening is supose to create for player aesthetically. The scene is suppose to feel like a real, breathing looking world and i must say from these screen shots atleast, the scene looks great. Its the kind of detail i would put in my own scenes good job and ill be look forward to editing it for fun!

Every scener probably wishes that he/she could put in an amazing amount of detail, yet the scenes that really make it are the ones that look ''decent'' and perform well (FPS), so you can't really blame sceners when they don't add that much detail to their scene.

Back
Top Bottom