managing forts and towns

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some help in understanding the mechanics of the forts and towns managing. I my current game being a vassal of Denmark I own 2 big towns (Dorestad, Witan Ceaster), 5 forts, numerous villages... Every week i suffer huuuge losses because of the tax unafficiency, relations with majority of them is positive, but with one fort is ...-100 because of the high tax, but I’ve built so much in this fort, it is rich! How to find golden middle between taxes and relation, how to improve the situation. I’ve been investing in them, building infrastructures, but it seems all for nothing. What is an adequate number of troops per fort/town? Putting 200 heads in fort will save the money but for sure it will be first to be attacked by enemy army... Putting 500+ may prevent enemies from attacking but the cost of keeping them will be high... What is the sence in building anything in fiefs with bad relation towards you? Sorry for many words, but being in fact more poverfull than king himself, I often don’t have enough money to keep 300 troops in my shieldwall (12000 per week)... I also own 10 farmsteads with maximum income but with a little help. Total loss per week is around 20.000. I need to constantly trade with scumbags and sell slaves to keep it rollin, but it is not a correct occupation for a most powerful Yarl in Denmark, i suppose...

visit the Q&A thread for questions (or create your own). Support is used to report bugs

to avoid tax issues you can't own a lot of centers. Keep only the ones that are good for cash (trading towns), or a castle you need to keep troops to defend some area, etc. You can't own the world, you are suppose to share it with other lords

once you are king you can have vassals.

in the Q&A thread/guides thread you can learn more about how to handle economy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom