SP Native Malik Faris's Companions and Native Enhancement [1.166]

Users who are viewing this thread

Saw your Mod on Steam, registered here @ Taleworlds to leave a comment (although I've lurked here off and on for .. eh ... a few years?)

The Mod looks really cool. I have to say, I did use Tweak MB on native awhile back, in order to increase Experience and Gold (pretty much) ... well ... I eventually broke down and increased the Experience gained by 100x ... didn't have to increase gold that much rly.

Is there a way to make it so that Companions can gain more XP than the regular troops? I didn't want to make 100 Swadian Knights by accident, but I did want my level 40 companion to reach level 41 before I got bored ... xD

Tasunke said:
Saw your Mod on Steam, registered here @ Taleworlds to leave a comment (although I've lurked here off and on for .. eh ... a few years?)

The Mod looks really cool. I have to say, I did use Tweak MB on native awhile back, in order to increase Experience and Gold (pretty much) ... well ... I eventually broke down and increased the Experience gained by 100x ... didn't have to increase gold that much rly.

Is there a way to make it so that Companions can gain more XP than the regular troops? I didn't want to make 100 Swadian Knights by accident, but I did want my level 40 companion to reach level 41 before I got bored ... xD

mmm, enable cheats?

You can use Ctrl + L to increase levels rapidly, but don't go above level 62, as it breaks the game when you do.

Or just edit the module.ini in my mod's (and other mod's folders) folder and there's a line for companion/people who don't die's exp:
hero_xp_multiplier    = 2.0

I have made Gottfried a vassal, for 15 days now he has just been standing in Yalen with 1 man. I tried giving him som men and wait anouther 15 days and he still just stands with the men given to him. Besides that the castles given to him never gets men in them. But great mod so far and if some of the errors could be fixed then even better.
some points havent caught them yet as they disapear fast but can tell some references are missing. I will see if I can get a screenshot of them the next time it happens.

the mod used is downloaded from the link in this topic so if it is not uptodate I would like to know.

xaliber said:
Malik, do you happen to have uploaded the latest source of the Steam Workshop version?

Mmm, like the source files that I use to mod the game? no.
The Steam version is the more up to date one, by a long shot.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=463348138

I'm in the middle of getting the next version ready, which will have updates for the actual companion dialog, as well as a few other significant updates. I can't put the version that's on steam on the nexus right now because my files are currently more advanced because they have the new changes.

Ah okay. I'm curious to what kind of personality you've given to the companions. :smile: The last version I played still has plenty of same dialogues.

Hmm .... why is the max level 62!??!??!????

One might think the theoretical level maximum would be between 80 - 100 in order to max all stats at 30 (not that you *have* to max them at 30 mind you)

How did you test (or how do you know) the level maximum? (and, if it is, then why??)

--> Awesome mod btw :smile:

(I would advise for future versions, to have the Max-10 Trader/ Doctor/ etc to not enter the game until the MC reaches say, level 10 or so, at least) --> A slow progression of, say, better and better companions slowly over time, would be interesting, to tie to spawns at Character level, the way that some of the game mechanics work

Ok, I looked in, and heroes + Player have a 2x experience modifier, although .... REGULARS have a 3x experience modifier? What am I missing here? :razz:

Tasunke said:
Ok, I looked in, and heroes + Player have a 2x experience modifier, although .... REGULARS have a 3x experience modifier? What am I missing here? :razz:
That's the way it always was, you'd have to ask Taleworlds for the exact specifics. The reason "regulars" i.e. troops have 3x the exp is because their EXP is earned for the whole stack of units of the same type, i.e. all 20 swadian recruits. So they need more exp to level up.
Tasunke said:
Hmm .... why is the max level 62!??!??!????

One might think the theoretical level maximum would be between 80 - 100 in order to max all stats at 30 (not that you *have* to max them at 30 mind you)

How did you test (or how do you know) the level maximum? (and, if it is, then why??)

--> Awesome mod btw :smile:

(I would advise for future versions, to have the Max-10 Trader/ Doctor/ etc to not enter the game until the MC reaches say, level 10 or so, at least) --> A slow progression of, say, better and better companions slowly over time, would be interesting, to tie to spawns at Character level, the way that some of the game mechanics work

Again only taleworlds knows why 62 is the max level, probably something to do with math/hexadecimal/blahblahblah. You can use the cheat Ctrl + L on the character stats screen to gain levels very fast. The game kinda ****s its pants when you go beyond 62. Bandit parties get in the size of multiple, 1000s and all kinds of other ****.

If you want to have max stats, just go to the character screen, click the statistics button in the bottom left, choose export character, alt tab, go to your "(my) Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\Characters" and there will be a text file with your character's name there, open it with notepad and you'll see all these easy to edit stats. Save your changes, go back ingame, and click the import button and you've got your max stat character with 4 million denars, or whatever.

Since I have to test all the changes i make to the game I need cheats to get the results faster, i've got a "Test" character with max stats and tons of money, but only at level 1 because the game scales with your level.

Thanks for the hints/tips and helpful advice ^_^

I suppose my final (and Most Important  :grin:) question is as follows.

How can I modify your mod, and other Steam Workshop mods, that I have subscribed to? It seems as though I would have to download a separate copy from somewhere *other* than Steam, in order to edit them, b/c I only seem able to edit Mods I downloaded outside of Steam. (as, I suppose, when I'm 'subscribed' to a mod, I seem stuck to the static version, or whatnot)

-------> As far as Mod Quality I really have only two more suggestions tbh.

#1. Is to have an extra option in the 'Town' screen for "meet with Guildmaster" ... AD 1200 has this, and its wonderful. Some of those Guild masters are VERY hard to find.

#2. is the far more common 'Allow Barkeepers to buy prisoners' modification.

I know how to mod in #2 via 'TweakMB' program, however adding #1 is a mystery to me, and since it involves UI i'm sure its much more difficult to accomplish than most stuff TweakMB can do.

But still, I can't modify the Module.ini or use TweakMB for other stuff on your mod ... unless I download it from somewhere other than Steam (I think) ... because I can't find a 'copy' of your Mod in my folders. (So I wonder if the Mod would stop working if I didn't have internet access? :/)

(as far as massive 'barbarian' stacks ... I had massive fun with size 200 looter stacks, while modifying the 'charge' damage x10 ... gogo Mow em all down!!  :lol:)

If you really want to get into modding go here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,64.0.html
There are lots of tutorials to show you how things are done, and to save you the work most of the time with code ready to go.

It's easier than you think.

Cool.

I've just recently gotten this one cool idea for a mod, but not sure if it's possible. (and if it could have a Storyline even ...)

Basically, the Map would be Europe + Turkey, with perhaps some Islands and a bit of North Africa ...

Would be Medieval Europe + Ottomans, Moors etc ... BUT .. would also be influenced by the 'Soul Caliber' type of magic.

AKA, certain weapons have the ability to level up (with use, aka souls consumed) and can deliver powerful magics -> Like Fireball, Soul Wave, etc.

So you are adding an additional magic/god element to the game ... with, possibly, the MC able to gain such abilities ... but with a clear BAD GUY who is already at MAXIMUM POWER. This wouldn't, imho, necessarily kill balance for the game, but might possibly require stronger? or just more numerous soldiers ...

Could have a few options here ....

Option 1, Bad Guy is clear Faction Leader of a particular faction from the beginning. If the Wii game could take any inspiration, he could start as Faction leader of the Ottomans, invading a dying Byzantium, or w/e. But that is largely boring, but would be the default 'fall back' choice.

Much more interesting is if he is a Mercenary on a quest of his own, embroiling all of Europe in a war. He would travel from Spain, to Germany, to Russia, to England, to Greece, and even to the deserts beyond North Africa, in the search for 'Shards' of his Weapon.

In such a game, the villain would be a perfect FOIL to the main character, and a true free agent, with much more complex AI than the typical 'lords'. He would be on a quest for various shards hidden throughout the game to empower his weapon 'Soul Edge.' Meanwhile, Main Character would probably start with 'Soul Caliber' ... or, maybe, would start with a different magical weapon (perhaps you pick which one u want at Character creation?). It levels up over time, as you kill more enemies (specifically), and at high levels the weapon has access to some of the darker abilities available to Soul Edge. You could probably level up the weapon like you would a Companion ... only instead of increasing Stats+Skills ... you increase Weapon Stats and Magical Skills (spells get stronger, buy new spells, increase speed/etc). Could have a "siege mode" where the weapon gets shorter, with possible perks including Bonus vs Shields *and* Penetrating blocks, but without the capability of most (if not all) of its spells, and certainly none of the 'area effect' ones. One such spell (that is usable in siege mode, as well as standard mode) would be Forcefield, which would be a temporary Field of Plasma that catches arrows fired onto the MC and places them into his quiver (or into his inventory if no quiver equipped ... or into the Victory Loot pile, if Inventory is full). The graphic could be for any arrows to be 'stuck' in the area around the main character (radius of 2.5 feet from character model). And maybe a slight shimmer effect (which doesn't effect vision when holding 'shift'). Or a 'chain lightning' that bounces from body to body (friend and foe alike) to those within half a foot from each other. Temporarily stunning all effected (with 15% chance to knock them to the ground) and dealing a minor damage of 2-10 hp, depending on factors ... (10 for first hit, 6 for all secondaries, and 2 for any after that).

Fireball is fairly self explanatory, but 'Soul Wave' would be a Gravity Well type of spell which pulls/drags living bodies towards the user, and also slowly draining the life from those effected. Would have a wide area of effect, and, depending on the distance, would drain a different amount of life. Say, those immediately on the MC would be drained 5 hp per second, while those at the farthest distance possible would be effected at 0.5 hp per second (or 1 hp per second). The Downside is that this also drains the HP of the Caster, thus making it impossible to maintain indefinitely. (alternatively, if a Magic Bar were added, could drain magic bar instead, or ... could drain both). Most spells should probably just have very limited shots per battle, similar to the way you have only 5 Throwing Axes, for instance. In this case though, the throwing axe is on fire, can travel twice as far, and explodes upon impact (fireball). The only real limitation is what can be added visually (and mechanically) to the game ...

Another interesting concept would be a 'Vampire Stilleto' which is like, a Knife or Dagger (no real range, decent speed, can't block) ... which, well ... successful hits "heal" user HP .... but the downside is that, unless its a REALLY weak opponent, its almost impossible to really use it well.

Hmm ...

Are you able to modify (aka maximize) an *enemy* lord, during an in-progress game? (outside of gameplay of course) but like, to affect a save ... or might it require a new game? (if possible)

hahaha  :grin:  ... yes I wasn't talking about this mod, but was inspired to write about it here when u suggested I do my own thing + I was watching the 'Death Battle' Gutz vs Nightmare at 4 am? xD

As for your mod though,

I think the best improvement would be to allow to meet the Guild master without having to 'find' him in-game. Its like, the worst sort of minigame, imho, and often they are somewhat hidden.

-----------------------------------

Also on your mod, are you planning on having companions to leave party due to moral/ personality disputes? And if so, will there be a place to determine the option to have such a thing turned 'on' or 'off'? Currently the only way to change Companion interactions is to meddle with the sourcefiles.

Currently in Game I have an army of about 49 ... more than 35 are Companions :smile:

It's quite fun, and I've finally 'found' some of the Guild Masters in some of the towns :razz:

Back
Top Bottom