SP Native Malik Faris's Companions and Native Enhancement [1.166]

Users who are viewing this thread

This arguably the most simple yet most effective and personally satisfying mod I've played. I'm surprised I didn't play this earlier.
Though it would be nice to have an option to disable companions leaving, tried using TweakMB but the option's not available.  :sad:
Aside from there teensy nitpick, awesome work man.

Boy, I love your Tutorial.  But i have a little question: Do you really put all the character lines into the module_strings by hand or does a tool exist? Several years ago i started a character mod of my own but it ended right there (leading to quit playing M&B because the mod was not done). A few days ago I rediscovered M&B and again started a little Character Mod. I just added 5 companions and I am already fed up with adding the 5 lines. I reached the lines for npc21_morality_speech. Just adding the lines pisses me of.

If it has to be done with copy & paste and changing the npc numbers one by one I am really stunned by your willpower. I mean i just did 5 companions and i am short of quitting again. You did how many?!... Awesome.

yes, I did it all by hand.

But I use Notepad++ it helps alot to keep things lined up and readable.
I also have good repetive motion skills, and it's easy enough to get into the mindset of "do x, than x, repeat"

Cool. I can do that, but the sole thought of doing that again and again gives me a nervous breakdown... :wink:

So as I did not find a tool for that kind of work I am thinking of programming one. Should not be too hard to create a little tool that will at least add enough empty lines to the dialog file. (like 'I want at least 30 NPCs' and it starts looking how many are there and adds just empty lines if there are not enough) If i find an IDE that suits me I might create an even more elaborate tool. (For myself I usually only do a little website tinkering. notepad++ and a Server environment is enough for that. But if i code desktop programs i lose my interest quite fast if work's not going smooth enough.)

Kinoheld said:
Cool. I can do that, but the sole thought of doing that again and again gives me a nervous breakdown... :wink:

So as I did not find a tool for that kind of work I am thinking of programming one. Should not be too hard to create a little tool that will at least add enough empty lines to the dialog file. (like 'I want at least 30 NPCs' and it starts looking how many are there and adds just empty lines if there are not enough) If i find an IDE that suits me I might create an even more elaborate tool. (For myself I usually only do a little website tinkering. notepad++ and a Server environment is enough for that. But if i code desktop programs i lose my interest quite fast if work's not going smooth enough.)

I too once looked for a "better way" but really, I just wasted time that I could have spent just finishing copying and pasting.

I also didn't start out with 80 new companions, started just 1, then 6 more, than 7 more, than another 10-12, repeat that a few times, and i ended up with 78. I wanted a rounded number so I added 2 more.

Companions are not returning from their "right to rule" mission.  I now have four of them (returning in 0 days).  And yes, I have plenty of room in my party to take them.  I'm not getting the "I'm back" dialogue at all.

Hi there! From what i've read it's great mod, but I have 1 question - is Diplomacy added here? It would be the best native ever with diplomacy features in the mod.

Just would like to say great mod thank you for making it. Quick question Diplomacy, autoloot etc would they be straightforward to add to this or an impossible task. many thanks again

Back
Top Bottom