Makings centaurs

Users who are viewing this thread

youhou

Knight at Arms
So I don't know is there already a topic like this. If there is I'm sorry to bother with new one. But my question is: is there way to create centaur in game? Like creating horse and then put half of man to mount it from the front and make it that it won't dismount and when the man dies the horse dies too and the other way round. I have thought to make my own mod and if this could be done it would make it much more interesting.

It might be possible to do some very very clever rigging which displaces the horse part of the mesh backwards so that the horse and human parts line up.. there aren't really any alternative options..  I think that'd be your main problem..

I've no idea about the killing one when the other dies though. Could be an interesting project

hmm...  I think making a new centaur race in module_skins.py would be difficult, but a new troop might be possible without much effort actually.

1) make transparent pants and boots for your troop
2) make the horse head transparent (or make a new horse model)
3) then move the horse on its axis backwards, so it matched up with the player when mounted
4) KON_Air helped me with the following code which I added to lead_charge mission template.  This stops riderless horses from moving, but you could probably modify it to kill the agent, etc.

Code:
#SW - script to stop riderless horses (ie. speeder bikes) from moving
     (0.1, 0, 0,
      [
	  (try_for_agents, ":cur_agent"),
	   (agent_is_alive, ":cur_agent"),	#so we don't try dead agents
	    (neg|agent_is_human,":cur_agent"),	#agent is a horse
	     (agent_get_rider,":cur_rider", ":cur_agent"),
	      (lt, ":cur_rider", 0),	#horse does not have a rider
		   (agent_set_animation, ":cur_agent", "anim_unused_horse_anim_1"),	#so the horse doesn't move, must include module_animations at the top
	  (try_end),
      ], []),

I think this would simulate a centaur unless I'm forgetting something....

I think you're almost certainly going to need unique meshes for both the human and horse sections.

And yes, it'd have to be a troop type.

yeah, clipping would be the main issue, so Dain is correct in order for it to look good you would have to modify the human body and horse mesh to make them blend together.

Okay I have now made the head and nearly finished the body and horse. So is there any good guides about rigging because i have never rigged before.

youhou said:
Okay I have now made the head and nearly finished the body and horse. So is there any good guides about rigging because i have never rigged before.

There's a good yoshi tutorial over on MBX I believe..

as for the horse part.. not easy at all atm.

Back
Top Bottom